NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the ctx out this past weekend. Used the 17 inch coil. Found a couple wheats and two silvers. But I was having a hard time pin pointing with it. Everything seemed 6 or so inches to the side when it was telling me it was square under the coil. I switched back to the 11 inch on sunday. Found some more wheats and one silver. But all targets were again 6 inches or so off center. Now I have never had a problem locating and digging targets. Has anyone had this problem in this very dry dirt time? We have had no rain for at least two months or longer. It is now raining and can't wait to get out and see if hopefully it makes a difference. Just so I am clear, I was digging targets a month ago and they where were the machine said they where.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I have had this problem,but not to the degree you have. I thought it was just me. I switched back to program I was searching with to bring it more in line. Could not find an adjustment to bring it to center.

OP
OP
NC Digger

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I have had this problem,but not to the degree you have. I thought it was just me. I switched back to program I was searching with to bring it more in line. Could not find an adjustment to bring it to center.

I am hoping with this rain we're getting it will solve this problem. The red clay is something else! :BangHead:

OP
OP
NC Digger

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got out today, and since it rained the past couple days it seems that it has made it all better! The targets showed up under the coil. So it seems this red clay can play tricks with the ctx!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread