Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The Andy Sabisch pattern I have used since i got my etrac. It is a great pattern to use for coins. There are numerous patterns you can download from the internet as well, some that open up areas for gold jewelry plus coins, and others. I haven't used the stock program at all, but that doesn't mean it isn't good, as obviously it is as you have found good stuff using it. But if your curious and want to try something different, there are a lot of patterns out there for you to try. HH..

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a different coil as well - experiment! :occasion14:

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel I have the best machine , I feel like I haven't use its full potential also I did get a smaller coil

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with mine in two tone ferrous and a virtually open screen (except for a few 01 and 02 ferrous numbers that are always a false signal) and use sound, depth, and display to tell me whether to dig or not. You can find some interesting items that way!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ll try it , I have big hunt planned to old mining town from 1800s I got permission to hunt the whole town

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The etrac is a fun machine to use. It loves silver, and that isn't just hype. It hits on it better than any detector I have personally owned. Others may prefer other brands, but for me the etrac gets it done. Those patterns that you can download will definitely change things up. Two tone ferrous is hard to beat in old homesites and general trashy areas as well. Try different things, you may end up liking one pattern better than the other. Some people hunt in two tone ferrous exclusively. It definitely has its place for me as well.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with Cudamark about using TTF. Take a look at the manual for the Trash Density function in the Expert Menu. I set the Trash Density to "HIGH". This will help you find those goodies that are masked by trash.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Sabisch coin pattern at parks and the beach, but old home sites I agree with Cudamark, I programed a relic mode with very little discrimination in the lower right corner, and two tone ferrous. Have had great results with this TTF settings

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ll try it , I have big hunt planned to old mining town from 1800s I got permission to hunt the whole town
If you need any help with that, just let me know!! :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello jimzz977,

IMHO,

You should concentrate on learning all of the settings/controls and how they interact with each other. This does take time, but you will really understand the machine. Using other peoples programs, patterns or adjustments may work, but you will never really understand why.

This is coming from a Whites DFX and V3i user, both of these machines have a multitude adjustments and settings that will affect the others as well as operation.

Again, just my thoughts...:icon_thumleft:

GL & HH

Doc

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I think it's time explore my machine

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember your friends lol. Sounds like you had some fun, glad to see you posting. What ever you were doing at the park that day is what I would stick with, you killed it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread