moosic pa

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another $900 could get you into a new CTX...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Safari would be my choice between the two you list.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go with the Safari, a much better machine for the beach and wet sand

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a safari and I find it to be noisy over low to mild mineralisation on dry land but it is fine over salt beaches sand and in the water.
I used a 705 for a short time but did not like the salt beach performance. It was fine over dry land and mild iron mineralisation.

Fisher Gold Bug Pro is a nice detector for gold and handles wet salt beach sand pretty well. I found myself using a gold bug Pro with 11 inch DD coil instead of my Infinium for beach work up until the Bug was stolen from my car. I replaced it with a safari for beach work only.

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between the two you are comparing, if your plans include the beach I'd chose the Safari. The multi-frequency technology definitely has an advantage in the salty beaches. However if you were limited to the land it would be a toss up in my opinion. Both have a ton of capability... the 705 can be tuned for the site but can get pricey when you start buying coils... the Safari has a bunch of coils available for it because they are compatible with the Explorer/Etrac series. This means you can find used coils cheap for it pretty quickly...

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had a 705 for 2 years and marvel at
It's ability and just bought a Safari with which I quickly found a 1901 IH in 2" of snow on a patch of land I thought I had exhausted of coins. I rarely get to do beaches

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I have no experience with the extra but have th etrac. I love the fbs technology. It loves silver. If silver is what you are after the safari would be a good choice. Again, no experience with the 705 but I have heard they are great machines as well.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my success with my safari in hunted out parks this year, I use a 15" WOT coil now but hope this helps in making up your mind.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483030177.060685.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread