First week with the CTX 3030

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, AT PRO, XP DEUS,CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the CTX a little over a week ago, one problem right out of the box. The power cord doesn't work, i have to charge it with the cig lighter cord. I contacted Big Boys who gave me a number for Minelab. I've called them twice, left messages and so far no response. However, I've taken it out on 3 hunts at two different spots that i have absolutely killed with an AT PRO and a Deus. I have to say I'm very impressed! It's not as hard to understand as i thought it might be. I went to places I'm really used to and only used the coins program. I basically dug everything! Got my first Barber today,several flat buttons,a pile of clad,a tootsie jeep,lots of junk and a lot of exercise!! lol I love my DEUS and i'm really loving my CTX! I have a lot to learn but so far so good! Thanks for looking and if any experts have any tips on the CTX, i'm all ears. Happy New Year everyone! IMG_2539.jpg IMG_2540.jpg IMG_2536.JPG IMG_2537.JPG IMG_2534.JPG IMG_2535.jpg Oh and some wheats..

PAScott

Jul 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the CTX a little over a week ago, one problem right out of the box. The power cord doesn't work, i have to charge it with the cig lighter cord. I contacted Big Boys who gave me a number for Minelab. I've called them twice, left messages and so far no response. However, I've taken it out on 3 hunts at two different spots that i have absolutely killed with an AT PRO and a Deus. I have to say I'm very impressed! It's not as hard to understand as i thought it might be. I went to places I'm really used to and only used the coins program. I basically dug everything! Got my first Barber today,several flat buttons,a pile of clad,a tootsie jeep,lots of junk and a lot of exercise!! lol I love my DEUS and i'm really loving my CTX! I have a lot to learn but so far so good! Thanks for looking and if any experts have any tips on the CTX, i'm all ears. Happy New Year everyone! View attachment 1396312 View attachment 1396313 View attachment 1396314 View attachment 1396315 View attachment 1396316 View attachment 1396317 Oh and some wheats..

Minelab was closed for a one week holiday. Think they reopen on the 2nd. Good luck with your ctx. I will watch how you are doing with it. I just bought one also and am waiting for minelab to reopen so it can be shipped to me. The dealer I got it from was out due to he holiday.
Best of luck!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some expert advice-keep doing exactly what you're doing! It's not hard to understand,it sees stuff other machines miss(for whatever reason) and it's not a battery hog! Doing what you're doing is absolutely the way to start IMHO.
Congrats on a great first week! May the new year bring you much success,I'm sure the CTX will continue to impress!

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab was closed for a one week holiday. Think they reopen on the 2nd. Good luck with your ctx. I will watch how you are doing with it. I just bought one also and am waiting for minelab to reopen so it can be shipped to me. The dealer I got it from was out due to he holiday.
Best of luck!
I didn't even think of that, it's all good, I'm not worried or mad at anyone, stuff happens, i'll get it fixed. When you get your CTX, let us know how you make out. HH

OP
OP
P

PhillyMike68

Nov 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's some expert advice-keep doing exactly what you're doing! It's not hard to understand,it sees stuff other machines miss(for whatever reason) and it's not a battery hog! Doing what you're doing is absolutely the way to start IMHO.
Congrats on a great first week! May the new year bring you much success,I'm sure the CTX will continue to impress!
Thanks, The things that impress me most so far are, it gets really deep! And i haven't even played with any settings. I'm finding things at serious depths with it. The other thing is the VDI numbers. They are almost always spot on. The screen shows so much good info. Very Impressed so far.. I have a few more hours tomorrow, then i think it's gonna get to cold. I'm pushing the limits now lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread