Excaliber II question

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 Excals....

After reading your post I walked over and checked all 4 end caps on the two. They're nice and tight!

I'd be concerned if I were you. Treasure_Hunter is pretty darned savvy as to the issues involved. We need his input here.

OP
OP
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. Hopefully Treasure Hiunter will weigh in soon.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plastic cap on the bottom of the control tube where the the battery and coil wires enter the control tube is loose. Will that affect the waterproof integrity of the control tube?
Under the black "seal", there are a couple of set screws. Those could be loose. You don't want to really crank them down though, or, you could crack the plastic. Just snug them down, but, don't overtighten. If you've been detecting at the beach with it loose like that, I think I'd pull the cap off and make sure no moisture or sand got inside. Then clean off all the surfaces with a clean dry paper towel and apply more silicone grease to the "O" ring and reinstall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's actually the black seal that's loose. Not the plastic cap held on with set screws. It doesn't appear to be part of the water proofness

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it isn't really a seal. That's why I put it in quotation marks. It's more of a seam protection sleeve. It came glued in place, but, sometimes after a repair or lots of use, it will come loose. Not a biggie......just glue it down again with something that can be removed down the road if needed. Something like rubber cement, not epoxy.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A little GE Silicone caulking on that sleeve and youre good to go...
It's actually the black seal that's loose. Not the plastic cap held on with set screws. It doesn't appear to be part of the water proofness

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread