Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife got me a 6" Excelerator EQ2 DD coil for Christmas and I tried it out today since it was 64 degrees in Pennsylvania. My question is, do I need to change any settings to run this coil over the stock coil? The only reason Im asking is because I went to a yard that I always at least find some wheat pennies with the stock coil and with this 6" I found nothing but rusty nails that sounded really good. I would also get good sounding signals but had an extremely hard time finding the signal again. Im not sure if my settings are screwed up or if my technique is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I didn't get the same coil you did, but I got the nel sharpshooter and didn't change any settings on my etrac, and it worked as always with very little if any depth loss. So for the nel, nothing needs changed and i wouldn't think your coil would be any different.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No setting changes needed for just a coil change. You may have to adjust for ground and hunting conditions though.

Glassy

Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your sensitivity set at? May need to turn down sensitivity a little and try it.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Cudamark is right. If you aren't running auto +3 try that, and then if it is still too hot, dial it back until stable.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread