Etrac external volume control

TxSchelter

Jan 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

1) I am trying to figure out a nifty way to control or muffle the volume on my e trac so that i dont have to wear headphones all the time. I am simply talking about the external speaker not any kind of threshold hum or anything like that. I like my settings i just want to be able to take my headphones off and not be heard by neighbors! I can hear well enough do distinguish the tones if they were muffled. I have put tape over the speaker cover and that quiets it down but i dont wanna keep putting duct tape on my high dollar machine! I was also afraid that it would cut off any ventilation to the computer (im not sure if it puts off much heat). Any tricks/tips you guys have come up with that would not add much weight would be appreciated!

2) I am also looking for an extension/stabalizer for the armrest so that it doesnt fall over so much when i set it down. At one point i saw one on the web that attatched to the current metal arms and just widened them out a bit. For the life of me i cannot find it again. If you guys know of a brand or model i would appreciate it.

Thanks, HH.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just go into the menu and turn the speaker down to whatever level you like. No need for tape. [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread