Explorer Battery Charge Time

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Not sure on the explorer. The etrac I charge overnight. I also got rechargeable batteries and put them in the alkaline battery pack. They are Duracell and those take about 2 hours to charge. They have the green light that lets you know when they are charged. My factory rechargeable battery pack never gives you an indication when its charged but I have heard they are engineered to not overcharge. I hope this helps you some. Maybe someone with an explorer can chime in. Which explorer do you have, the se pro, xs, ?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot will depend on the degree of starting charge and the age of the battery. Usually 10 hours for a dead battery in good shape. The aftermarket RNB batteries take a max of 2 hours to charge and last 4-5 times longer than the stock one.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Explorer manual says the batteries fully harge after 16 hours. It doesn't state what the actual charge level is but it is greater than 12 volts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions