Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been experimenting with the Relic Mode on the beach for the last week or so. I use the stock Relic mode w/saltwater checked. Have noticed a bit more depth.
On deep targets the ID numbers jump around some, but iron is usually ID'd spot on. Shallow target ID's are usually same as a beach hunting mode. Deep targets are a bit more difficult to ID, but as I do, I dig the deep targets as long as they are not showing iron ID's. Anyone have any tricks or tips to hunting in this mode on a low trash beach in which you are looking for some more depth.

Thanks !!

HH GL

Last edited:

CCadrin

Mar 24, 2008
You are really not getting any more depth between the modes. On deeper items the ID will not be right on the money and will be jumpy. The differences between the modes is target separation on more importantly the discrimination pattern. In RELIC mode, it is nearly an open screen so you will hear items that you will not hear in BEACH mode (pattern 1).

My first swing over a gold ring at the beach was 24-25. You would hear that in RELIC mode and investigate it. In the BEACH mode pattern 1, the id was discriminated out.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
24 ferrous on a gold ring? Was there encrustation on the ring? How deep? 14K? I've had ferrous readings on gold a few numbers either way of 12, but, never as high as 24. Wow!

CCadrin

Mar 24, 2008
The first pass over the ring was 24-25 but then I saw 01-25, 18-24, a few 12-24. The ferrous number was jumpy. The conductive stayed around 24-25. I was running in LOW TRASH separation and the ring was about 9+ inches black sand using the 11" coil. My sensitivity was around 28 manual. There could have been a piece of iron mixed in. Since I am accustomed to using a PI machine I kind of dig everything except for the 35-30 to 35-50. The deeper the object is, the less likely it will register the proper id or I may have just clipped it on the outer portion of the coil. I could not get a consistent locked in reading and since I am at the beach, I don't waste to much time to get an absolute reading. My motto is to dig and move on to the next target.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???? wondering, if no difference in depth, I guess there are no advantages to the Relic Mode on the beach???

anybody.....

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RVR, I have used the Relic Mode on my beaches the past 2 days and have gotten a bit more depth. However, the ID numbers are skewed and not as accurate as in the Beach Modes I often use.

D

Greenie
Jan 5, 2007
New York , Suffolk County
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Cal. , CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Penzfan are you using the stock beach modes or have you changed them in any way? I just got to Fla./Indialantic and hit the beach today with my CTX that I just got so this is all new to me. Public beach at the end of 192 in Indialantic. I dont expect to much because this beach is hammered by detectorists. I did come up with .85 cents . I dug things the CTX said was junk just to make sure and learn as I go.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
D, I use mainly custom made beach modes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread