New Minelab detector coming soon! Gold Monster 1000

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Customer Care
>Product Notices for 2017

07 Apr 2017

New Product – GOLD MONSTER 1000

Available for purchase worldwide from May 8th 2017 onwards

GOLD%20MONSTER.jpg

Minelab is pleased to announce that the GOLD MONSTER 1000 will be available for purchase worldwide from May 8th, 2017 onwards*. The GOLD MONSTER 1000 features fully automatic operation and comes with a choice of coils, battery options and shaft configurations. If you're looking for super sensitive gold performance at a great price, then this is the detector you've been waiting for!

http://www.minelab.com/anz/customer-care/product-notices?article=309482

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes sir I have also pre ordered but from a dealer locally as I wanted to be able to go and pick it up and get some first hand training on it

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You would think that by now there would be some kind of post on this machine as to how it performs,by someone that has their hands on one here in the US I know there is a couple of them in the states but no one saying anything yet,bought to say forget it and go to macro gold LOL,guess its still a waiting game Mine Lab must have sowed zippers on those peoples mouths that received the few that are here in the states,guess they will cut those zippers off sometime hopefully

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
Here is Kevin Hoaglands Field test of the New Minelab Gold Monster 1000. For me it would have to at least pick up a 1/2 grain nugget and up and work decent in medium soils. I been looking to replace my aging Gold Bug 2 with something more automated and high tech.

A Field Test: MINELAB GOLD MONSTER 1000

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like Kevin is going to hold on to his Fisher Goldbug II. :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Kevin is going to hold on to his Fisher Goldbug II. :skullflag:

He does give it a raving review in my opinion, and like many of us do with other types of detecting would probably buy as a 2nd unit or backup unit, the price is certainly a major advantage.....

[FONT=&quot]"I think that Minelab is understating the Gold Monster 1000 in calling it an “entry level” detector. I think Minelab may be underrating the detector because they had never really built anything that I can remember them calling “entry level.” Other than the Gold Monster 1000 having a few less features than other detectors in the market space, I think the technology and platform stand on their own."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"If you are in the market for your first detector, the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 should be on your short list. Minelab has created a simple to use detector that performs well above its claimed “entry level.” For the seasoned detectorist, it is worth a hard look. You may feel that it lacks some of the functionality that you are used to, yet I think that you will be completely surprised with the Gold Monster 1000’s overall performance."[/FONT]

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is an entry level NUGGETSHOOTER, not a jewelry or coin machine. It was manufactured for the African market because most can't afford the GPX or GPZ. Will it really find more gold than a GMT, LST, GBII? I seriously doubt it. Kevin worked for Minelab for many years, so I think he gave them what he could. :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an entry level NUGGETSHOOTER, not a jewelry or coin machine. It was manufactured for the African market because most can't afford the GPX or GPZ. Will it really find more gold than a GMT, LST, GBII? I seriously doubt it. Kevin worked for Minelab for many years, so I think he gave them what he could. :skullflag:

He sure went out of his way to say it is NOT an entry level detector, stating so several times.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Latest info here in Australia is that the Monster will be available from the 1st week in June 2017

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Latest info here in Australia is that the Monster will be available from the 1st week in June 2017

Don't understand why Minelab would post up on their own web site a may 8th date and then not have them in the hands of their dealers so those that have put up their hard earned monies could get them from those dealers seems like its a big game to manufactures these days,other then Nokta & Macro i am just about to the point to say forget it with the Gold Monster and just purchase the macro gold instead

If the GM 1000 was not going to be ready to be put to market by the may 8th date to me Minelab should have never posted it,the only manufacturer that does seem to get it these days is Nokta and Macro.

Just my two cents worth of venting

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Agreed.
I have also noticed that there is some Arabian style font on the detector??
Makes a man wonder if Minelab is still Australian??

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Arabian writing is because it was originally designed for the African gold fields. Minelab is still owned by Codan, and has been for 10 years.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hmmmm. The latest Minelab Advert over here today states that the Monster is available now.......Things change fast in the metal detecting world

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there any new info on this new machine,I do not understand why someone from Mine Lab or someone in the know does not give us an update on this for those of us that have put their hard earned monies out to pre order this detector.

I for one am about to the point of canceling my pre order and just purchasing a Macro Gold,Mine Lab has shown me they really do not give a rats butt to put it mildly about their potential customers Makro and Nokta seem to be the only company rite now from everything I read that does care and to me this is pretty dang sad.

Mine Lab does not seem to get that keeping their customers happy and informed as to what is going on is what inevitably keeps them in the business that they are in,

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my understanding from my contacts they will be shipped to dealers within the next few days, dealers will then start shipping preorders.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't know about any one else but for me lack of keeping potential customers informed has been a real turn off and has killed my craving for this new detector.

But thank you Treasure Hunter for the kind of up date we have been hearing that same kind of crap all along on this one and for me it is no longer good enough I could have and should have just left my money in savings and let it collect interest for myself instead of giving it to a dealer on a pre order that the only answer you get from those dealers is tomorrow, well tomorrow came and went a long time ago for me and I for one am tired of it Mine Lab obviously does not care about their customers or potential customers and they have shown that,at this point I wouldn't even think about purchasing another Mine Lab no matter what,and I am sure Mine Lab really does not care as I am only one lost customer,but if a hole lot of potential and past customers start feeling the way I do maybe then mine lab will start to care,but something tells me they will not even then pretty sad when a company looks at all of us as dollar signs and could care less about the customer,because if they did care someone from Mine Lab would chime in and say something

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread