Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the depht of the threshold signal on the CTX. I realize the size of the target will affect this, just looking for an average. We have a site that has been hunted for years and it has a series of breast works where I found a Cannonball at 18". There has to be lots of stuff down deep and the landowner would frown on us sifting. I was thinking about Digging some of the threshold signals and see what happens. What's your thoughts?

HH, RN

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello relic nut,

IMHO: When relic hunting, I set the threshold to slightly audible (different setting to account for individual hearing). When the threshold disappears or breaks and there is no depth or FE/Co numbers I know something is very deep-dig it. I have found many relics and old coins using this method in non-plowed fields and old parks. It does take practice, since the threshold may not disappear, but "waiver" like an ocean wave (if you know what I Mean). GL & HH

Regards,

Doc

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello relic nut,

IMHO: When relic hunting, I set the threshold to slightly audible (different setting to account for individual hearing). When the threshold disappears or breaks and there is no depth or FE/Co numbers I know something is very deep-dig it. I have found many relics and old coins using this method in non-plowed fields and old parks. It does take practice, since the threshold may not disappear, but "waiver" like an ocean wave (if you know what I Mean). GL & HH

Regards,

Doc
Thanks. I'll try that.

HH, RN

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Professor, that is a great tip.

I do not hunt relics, but I have found some great coins at depth with the CTX. My Morgan dollar last year was at least a foot deep and on edge.

How deep, and what size of coin, gave you no indication but a loss of threshold?

I think I need to hit my standby site again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions