Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your charger and be sure it is putting out 18 volts out of the 3 pin charging adapter that plugs into battery, if there is 18 volts there then it is battery issue, if not remove adapter and check voltage out of the barrel connector be sure there is 18 volts there if not you have a bad charger.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If after you've tested the charger, and you've determined that the battery is bad, I recommend the RNB batteries. They're cheaper and last 4-5 times longer. They come with their own charger too. It's a simple replacement. You remove the end cap, unplug and pull the old battery out, and plug the new one in, using the old pod. Clean all the surfaces and put a little silicone on the "O"ring before you reinstall.

OP
OP
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That helps a bunch. Since I'm out of the country I'm going to have to buy a tester. But whether it's the battery or the charger I might be better off just changing to the RNB battery as it comes with a charger.

lordmartin

Greenie
Dec 23, 2005
UK
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Tesoro SS 11
Tesoro SS Micromax
Compass Yukon 77B
My ni-cad clapped out just like yours although it would take some charge, just didn't last an hour then quit. - and it was a newer pack I'd bought as back up to my other pod.
I since got a ni-MH pack for one pod and the other week got the new Li-po EX3000 with charger for my other pod. Just got to fix the cracks in the pods now which appeared just recently. Prob due to age (over 10 years).

Last edited:

auspot4

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
goldbug 2, minelab extera 705
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perhaps you can take the battery apart and replace the capacitors just desoder and go to an electronics store and se if they have replacements then
resolder them and should be good to go
auspot4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread