Question for other minelab eureka owners

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got my " new to me", used Minelab eureka gold detector last night, so I was excited to put it together and try it out. First thing I noticed was that the sliding lower mast, only slides into the top shaft up to where the control head mounting plate is. The plate is held on by two aluminum pop rivets that stick up inside the top tube, and thus prevents the lower tube from shortening up into the upper shaft any further. Is this the way it is supposed to be, or has some one monkeyed with it and added those rivets? If not rivets, what is supposed to be holding the control head mount to the upper shaft? Having never looked at one before I have no idea if this is normal or not. It is a bit long for me the way it is now, so would like to shorten it up a bit more. I may have to do some modification if those rivets are supposed to be there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I figured there would be someone who could help!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OK??? already BTDT. On page 8 the bracket (Item 8) that holds the control head to the upper shaft. No where does it tell you how Item 8 is attached to the shaft? nor does it say the lower shaft goes past that point? What am I missing here? Or did you not read for comprehension? I am trying to ignore your obvious dig at me. This is not the place to do that. This is supposed to be a place to help like minded people, not publicly try to embarrass them. The problem is not my ability to use the internet, but more so your inability to answer a simple innocent question with out degrading the OP in the process.

Last edited:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Mine has set screws you need a set metric allen wrenches. Remove the two small screws holding that bracket in place. With those screws removed you will be able to slide the lower shaft farther in, but as it is now it has less that a foot sticking out now. You can mount the bracket under the arm rest, but now you wont be able to use the detector stand.
With the control box under the arm rest the controls are awkward to reach.
You can buy a pouch from Minelab to hold the controls on you belt for $50+ dollars or just buy a ammo dump pouch for less than $10 bucks, just cut a small slit to run the cable thru the bottom.
If your's is pop riveted in place drill them out if you want and tap for screws.

So when are we going out hunting?:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks I will look to see about the set screws. Just hunted my own place last weekend found a bunch of old lead. Need to get some better weather to get up to the Sierras and look for some gold. I think I'll use the hip pocket as I noticed it is pretty heavy with the coiltech coil on it. Will also try the original coil, it felt lighter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions