Cherza

Feb 11, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett seahunter mk2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'day again fellow treasure hunters
Can anyone tell me what the target separation and recovery speeds like on this machine please?
And why the slow swing with the mine labs? You can swing so much faster with other brands.
Sam

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With multiple frequencies, it takes a bit longer to process, hence the required slower swing speed. I haven't seen any problems with target separation, assuming you're using the proper coil size and type for the search conditions. Smaller is generally better for junky sites. Concentric vs. DD can make a difference too. Sometimes you just have to experiment to see what works best.

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swing my SE probably a lot faster then most say you should, but I pay attention to the threshold, and if it nulls, (goes silent), I'll then go over it again at a snail's pace. Whether or not this is acceptable to do, I do it, and I've been ok with my results so far. I'm still in the learning mode on mine, but I'm finding it to be a great machine. If you get one, be sure to buy Andy Sabisch's book.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In clean ground you can swing at a pretty good pace, but in trash you have to adapt like any other detector. The difference between the Explorer and a fast responding detector like a Deus, is the Deus provides multiple targets/sounds fast, where the Explorer coil sort of looks at what's below as a whole and it's up to the user to sort it out. The good sounding metal still breaks through the null/iron noise, and does so very well, but it's different. That difference is why some people hate Minelab and can never get used to them, because they try to use it like other detectors and they are less forgiving when swinging fast in trash. Make no mistake the higher end multi. freq. units do very well in trash, as good or better than most out there, but has to be used the right way to get the full potential.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forget myself and Speed up also.

My nephew was at Minelab FBS Bootcamp Friday.

Come home with these Recommended Settings for after the Blizzards

Ground Balance OFF
Fast Recovery OFF
DEEP Recovery ON

I always ran all On, will be interesting to Re-hunt my Sites like this

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forget myself and Speed up also.

My nephew was at Minelab FBS Bootcamp Friday.

Come home with these Recommended Settings for after the Blizzards

Ground Balance OFF
Fast Recovery OFF
DEEP Recovery ON

I always ran all On, will be interesting to Re-hunt my Sites like this

Ground balance off? The GB is automatic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread