Anyone with experience with the FBS 800 8 inch coil for Etrac?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New User here with the Etrac. While I am pleasantly surprised with the Etrac. I have been buying coils and testing them out. I have what seems to be a older coil that came with the Etrac. It appears to work and I found depth and separation above par. I placed three coins on the ground to test the coil and it was picking up all the other stuff too even though the coil was 10 inches about the ground lol.

My question is this. How does this 8 inch coil compare to the Coiltech Treasure Seeker coil I also have been using? I havent got a chance to hunt with the 8 inch coil and looking for a happy medium in the trashy parks while getting a little more coverage. Do you think the after market coiltech coil is going to have a edge?

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug 8-9" coins with the Minelab 8".... separation is fantastic. Can't go wrong with either coil, the 6" is a specialty coil for extreme trash sites.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will have soon. Just got one Dan. Air test says it may keep up with 6 inch treasure seeker. Will field test soon. But I earn ya, 6 inch treasure seeker freaking kills it. Better than my 8x6 sef.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with Dan (NM). I've done well with the 8" coil for depth and trash separation. There are times when I wish I had a smaller coil though.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tested a eight inch fbs 800. It's lighter, deeper, has decent separation, hits hard on gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread