Ctx 3030 screen defect

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking about getting a CTX and after reading about all the trouble every one is having and who knows how many had the same problems.
I think i will just keep my E-Trac .

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got off the phone with service at kellyco, apparently they are 2 months behind and there is only one tech to fix all the detectors, I'm assuming he meant just one minelab tech not one tech period. I'm not looking forward to go without a detector for over 2 months.

Sounds like you should pull it from Kellyco and ship it to Minicab directly 2 Weeks and cheaper it seems. And you have a better chance of a warranty repair with a story. IMO
2 Summer months without it is a killer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you should pull it from Kellyco and ship it to Minicab directly 2 Weeks and cheaper it seems. And you have a better chance of a warranty repair with a story. IMO
2 Summer months without it is a killer.
It isn't kellyco doing the repairs, it is the official Minelab repair center known as Minelab ASC East, built and staffed by Minelab, it was the backup center to the repair center located in Chicago, when the repair center closed down in Chicago the Minelab repair center Minelab built at Kellyco became the primary Minelab repair center.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Detector is being shipped back to me now, its repaired and ready to go, the new screen was $225.00 I hope it doesn't go bad like the original did

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently they have since opened at least one new location. I'm sending mine in today to a place in Pa. Hope this has alleaveated the long time frame.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just curious how many other people have had screen problems with the ctx3030, I turned my detector on the other day and a 3/8" line going up and down on the screen showed up out of no where, the detector has never been in water or dropped so it makes no sense why it would appear. It conveniently happened after my warrant ran out ofcourse, I shipped it off to be repaired at kellyco yesterday. It's seems like a defect to me, a machine that cost so much shouldn't have issues like this.

Oh Nuts my CTX 3030 has just developed the same screen problem, in exactly the same aera of the screen. Seems odd. Mine is definatly out of warrenty and I am feeling that "pang" of grief we all feel, when our detectors fail..
I wonder if they will send me the parts since warrenty is not an issue...
I like how one of our members was able to replace the screen on his V3i himself.. If I can get the bits I can make a youtube video on it. Don't worry I was trained as an electronics technician back in the 80's .. haha BANG! Opps
I will call them and see what they say.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most times that LCD leak is caused by excessive heat, could be from being left in hot vehicle.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most times that LCD leak is caused by excessive heat, could be from being left in hot vehicle.

That would be preferable to what I was worried about. We moved houses and though I had my precious detectors in the Do not touch Box, they scooped them up and not so gently ,,,, moved them.. Dang..
I do love my Minelabs and Whites, Fisher and all.. and take good care of them as I expect alot of them too..
Must admit I found a few diagrams online and am tempted to peak inside..
But I will call them first i guess :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be preferable to what I was worried about. We moved houses and though I had my precious detectors in the Do not touch Box, they scooped them up and not so gently ,,,, moved them.. Dang..
I do love my Minelabs and Whites, Fisher and all.. and take good care of them as I expect alot of them too..
Must admit I found a few diagrams online and am tempted to peak inside..
But I will call them first i guess :)

Be very, very careful if you open it, one of the ribbon cables inside will tear very easy if it is pulled wrong direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread