Thoughts on Go find 60 for kids or beginners

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did own a go find 60 and it worked well on salt water beach and ran quite unlike my wife's at pro. Don't get me wrong it's no going to out perform an excal or a pi machine but I did find coins in the wet salt at 6". The build quality was junk and I did think of buying a cheap detector and trying to graft the go find onto a diffrent shaft, as the arm cuff was to small for an adult with a thick jacket on.

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did own a go find 60 and it worked well on salt water beach and ran quite unlike my wife's at pro. Don't get me wrong it's no going to out perform an excal or a pi machine but I did find coins in the wet salt at 6". The build quality was junk and I did think of buying a cheap detector and trying to graft the go find onto a diffrent shaft, as the arm cuff was to small for an adult with a thick jacket on.

I agree, the Go-Find is surprisingly a really good beach detector wet or dry sand. But, the ergonomics are much to be desired and I can see the arm brace cracking and what not. Love how it folds up and the lit read out, would be nice to have a numbered VDI. The detector has easily paid for itself. BTW: I would recommend the 40 over the 60.

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
out of curiosity why would you recommend the 40 over the 60?

The 60 comes with a pro version of the app(in my opinion the app is not useful)
1 more level of sensitivity(Not needed)
1 extra search program(Not needed)

These extra options are not worth buying the 60 over the 40. The main problem with all the Go Find machines is the plastic is bound to break, exp the arm rest section.(My armrest section fully broke off last weekend)

Love the machine..... hate the ergonomics/armrest.

Minelab Jamie

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 40, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 60 comes with a pro version of the app(in my opinion the app is not useful)
1 more level of sensitivity(Not needed)
1 extra search program(Not needed)

These extra options are not worth buying the 60 over the 40. The main problem with all the Go Find machines is the plastic is bound to break, exp the arm rest section.(My armrest section fully broke off last weekend)

Love the machine..... hate the ergonomics/armrest.

Hi Skrimps, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for the break in your Go-Find so we can help you out!

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Given the size of your kids, this is probably your only option aside from junky toys.
Its a Minelab, so it isn't junk

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say nothing...just to be kind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread