Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my CTX since December and it has worked well and I'm very pleased, although I still have a lot to learn. Twice know it has frozen up on me. Once about three months after I got it and again today. Both times I was in sites loaded with targets and was getting multiple signals. Then it just froze. The screen stuck and all audio stopped. I turned it off and back on and it was fine after that.

Has anyone had this happen, and is it something I should be concerned about?

HH, RN

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife has one she got in November of 2016, she said it happened once to her. She said she just switched it off, pulled the batts and let it sit for 15 minutes. To my knowledge she has never had the issue again, or has no complained to me about it. I have no idea why she would pull the batt either.

I have a much older one and have not had such issues with it.

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had similar issues over the last year. I'll be using it and the sound will stop. The screen still reacts but no sound. I'll shut it off & on and it will work. Occasionally after the sound stops it will completely lock up, no buttons woork and have to pull the battery.
I got an RMA # to return it back in Jan, but the weather warmed up and kept hunting. I have until dec to get it back before the warranty ends.
Also the shaft does not lock unless I have it almost completely out, so they send that would be fixed too.

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had similar issues over the last year. I'll be using it and the sound will stop. The screen still reacts but no sound. I'll shut it off & on and it will work. Occasionally after the sound stops it will completely lock up, no buttons woork and have to pull the battery.
I got an RMA # to return it back in Jan, but the weather warmed up and kept hunting. I have until dec to get it back before the warranty ends.
Also the shaft does not lock unless I have it almost completely out, so they send that would be fixed too.
Has it happened often?
I dread the thought of having to send it back but I will if I have to. So far it has only done it twice. Good luck with yours.

HH, RN

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had it happen several times in an hour but usually over an average 3 hour hunt maybe 2-3 times. It can be a pain because sometimes I don't realize it stopped because my headphones have a slight hum and if not paying attention to when the threshold drops off, I'm happily swinging away and eventually I think wow this ground is so good.
Then I look and the marker on the screen is moving around but the sound is gone- duh.

I have to send it in, but I have permission on a patch of ground and so far pulled almost 70 silver coins out and can't give it up yet.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been swinging mine for two years, never had this happen.

But, the deal is - all computers freeze up occasionally, taking a re-boot to clear it up. It happens, and I'm not worried about it.

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been swinging mine for two years, never had this happen.

But, the deal is - all computers freeze up occasionally, taking a re-boot to clear it up. It happens, and I'm not worried about it.
That's kinda what I figured, but it's good to hear from someone else. As long as it doesn't start to do it all the time I'll see what happens.
Thanks guys!

HH, RN

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a full reset, turn 3030 off, when you turn it on hold the power button in don't release it till a hidden menu comes up asking what you want, choose reset all, it will reboot and all you have to do on the restart up is select your language. Note reset all will restore to factory settings so you will lose your custom programs, if you have them save them to Exchange 2.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had mine for over two years and never had it happen once. Hunted extremely trashy areas too. Strange.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I think that mine did that one time, just after I got it.

Had mine 16 months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread