Nashvegas

Aug 9, 2017
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my new XT 705 today and am thrilled. I've already ready Randy's guide which was very helpful. One quick question. Should I always just keep Tracking Ground Balance on, and if so, do I need to Auto Ground Balance when I turn the detector on? Or is it better to not use tracking ground balance and just auto balance it every 10 minutes or so? Thanks

robwv

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2017
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
minelab CTX 3030 Minelab sovereign xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I manual ground balance when I start on the property and watch my suggested sensitivity setting on the ctx and if it drops while detecting I know the ground is highly mineralized and i'll GB it again. Don't know about the 705 though.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on thev705, I know they aren't "top of the line", but I really enjoy mine.

As for ground balance, I'm no expert, but I split the difference - I auto ground balance when I first arrive at a site, then turn on the tracking. The thing to remember is to turn off the tracking if you are "x-ing" a target to decide whether or not to dig - if you do it with tracking on, you might accidentally "ground balance out" that target

OP
OP
N

Nashvegas

Aug 9, 2017
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. Having fun with this.