EQUINOX wish list

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want similar performance of the deus with the addition of multi frequency and I'm sold!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Maybe its the multi frequencies, the light weight and it being submersible thats enough for me to want one. Im really expecting this one to be a winner.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red LED for night hunting. Clock. One button push for logging good finds co ordinates. none of which is necessary.

MOST IMPORTANT ... RELIABILTY

SECOND ..................PRICE

Chub

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red LED for night hunting. Clock. One button push for logging good finds co ordinates. none of which is necessary.

MOST IMPORTANT ... RELIABILTY

SECOND ..................PRICE

Chub

Reliability is always a good thing. Actual performance is the true highest item on my wish list.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reliability is always a good thing. Actual performance is the true highest item on my wish list.

Seconded, Jackalope. The price on this unit is very attractive AND it ticks off a lot of the traits I had hoped for -- but it's the performance of the unit that is what I'm really hoping is top-notch. IF the machine does what Minelab claims it will, and is as good as some of the field testers are reporting, then I can't wait to get my hands on one. I am a long-time Explorer user, and if it is much faster/much better unmasker in iron than my Explorer (I am very confident it will be), and if it gives me the depth -- and ID accuracy/stability at depth -- that my Explorer can (this part I am not so confident on, and will have to be convinced), then I will be one happy camper.

Steve

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Regardless how light it is, make it even lighter. Can't they take out some if the wiring in the coil to make it lighter and not reduce depth? I mean it is 2017.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chub

I will say that I love the clock on my XP Deus! And there is really no reason to not have one these days... any of the microprocessors in these things can drive one.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regardless how light it is, make it even lighter. Can't they take out some if the wiring in the coil to make it lighter and not reduce depth? I mean it is 2017.

Helium-filled coils are a distinct possibility.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These have been said already but depth and I.D at depth is what I really want it to have, but I don't see it matching up to the FBS machines in that department. Who knows though! I also want a clock!! That's one thing I really wish were on the Etrac.

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I second the X-ray vision but for other reasons.....helpful for when there’s not much in the ground. :laughing7:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to have a cup holder.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you what to have in the "EQUINOX".

1. A FM Radio to play music, when find a target it will stop the music and play the tone.
2. Bluetooth to condect to phone for incoming calls to your headset. You can also use the Bluetooth to update the software. No need for USB
3. Input jacks are not needed with Bluetooth so can make it easier to water proof
4. Be able to change coils. One for each type of medtal detecting. gold, relic and beach, under water.
5. Switch between PI, FBS 2 and any Feq or Mult Feq
6. Removal control box to allow hip mount
7. Waterproof headset
8. Lift time warrenty
9. Under 5 lbs
10. Computer software to mamnage or setup setting and then transfer to MD

How about this y'all. A power bank with built in flashlight. They also have waterproof solar power banks with lights ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520728885.894127.jpg

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grip way to thick...

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest: