🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I thought the third time would be a charm as far as not having problems with a CTX, reality has proven me wrong once again. I've been hunting for five to six hours for the last two days, no problems, after about an hour of hunting, I go into my menu to start making adjustments to a mode when all of a sudden it jumped to the map screen. Even when I pushed the detect button, it would stay on that screen. After pushing the detect button a couple of times it would finally go back into my hunting mode. Went back into the menu screen to start making adjustments, same thing, jumped to another screen. I started pushing the top two right hand buttons, both of them were unresponsive. When I finally got my adjustments made I went to pinpoint and it wouldn't go into pinpoint mode. So I shut it down and powered it back up this time the pinpoint would stay stuck in pinpoint even though I did not have it in pinpoint lock. Now when I try to go to my last mode button it's unresponsive, other times it acts like it sticks and I can hear it clicking on the inside like it's changing modes but it's not doing anything. This is my third CTX I've had problems with, I sold the first two and went back to my Etrac. I bought this one from a guy that had never used it for the first year and a half because Minelab sent it to him as a replacement for the one he was having trouble with. I've been using this one since February and I've had no problems until today. Thank God I have 9 or 10 months of warranty left. I've been reading all the horror stories about the Minelab repair center turn around time, I thought I dodged a bullet by buying a new one that had never been submerge or used and basically brand new. It had been hanging on the wall from the time the guy had gotten it until I bought it. Looks like I'll be calling Minelab first thing Monday morning to see if I can get a return authorization number. I will try a master reset when I get home after I download all my programs just to see if that straightens it out but from what I experienced with the button sticking and not being responsive, I don't think a master reset is going to fix that. 3 top dollar machines, 3 different problems, I am really disappointed and frustrated with the CTX. This is the first model I've ever had problems with in 30 years of hunting.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry that's happening with your CTX. I hope the new Equinox doesn't have similar problems. Best of luck with the repair.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
tried taking off the battery ?

tried restoring to factory settings?

I dont remember if turned on, if it can be hard reseted or turned off by just pressing power button. :icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To factory reset, turn off, when you turn it on don't release power button, after a few seconds you will get a hidden menu pop up, select reset all, after it ask you if that's what you want to do hit yes, it will reboot then you only have to set your language again.

If that doesn't work it could be bad keypad or bad pcb.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well hopefully you will be sending it to the new Minelab repair center in PA. Even worst case scenario they will do better than Kellyco has done for you.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fix all electronic problems by peeing on the offending item

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well hopefully you will be sending it to the new Minelab repair center in PA. Even worst case scenario they will do better than Kellyco has done for you.

According to his post he has never sent detector in to Kellyco or anyone else.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to his post he has never sent detector in to Kellyco or anyone else.
Well, actually I did send my CTX in last Tuesday to the new repair center in PA. They received it on Thursday. I was notified this morning that it will be shipping out today and I will have it Friday afternoon. They kept me in the loop through the whole process what was going on and what they intended to do. They ended up replacing the faceplate / touchpad.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the update, Dan. Sounds like they did you well a the new repair center. Sorry about your trouble with the CTX.

Steve

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was not aware of new repair center in PA, it's good to know that, JUST in case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions