Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If its good enough I will buy a 2nd CTX for a backup :)
I will also buy an EQ800 when they are out for my grandson to use when he visits...

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wednesday we will know. Hoping for so.etjing good, same hear on the equinox, picking one up to play with.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It depends on what the price will be...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already have a CTX3030 with the 6" coil the standard coil and the 17" coil... I want to buy a 2nd one for a backup unit. I will start calling dealers within the week for the best price. :)

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
why would you spend on a backup if you don't need it?

I'd save the money and spend it until the current one fails or needs a repair, by then, maybe even new machines will be out (Equinox maybe?) If you buy one new now and just store it because your current one still runs good, you might even run out of warranty and the machine still be on the box lol.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why would you spend on a backup if you don't need it?

I'd save the money and spend it until the current one fails or needs a repair, by then, maybe even new machines will be out (Equinox maybe?) If you buy one new now and just store it because your current one still runs good, you might even run out of warranty and the machine still be on the box lol.

Because I have the money to and its just lying around... I have too much in my 401K for retirement now. If something better comes I will buy it too. I am going to buy an EQ 800 just for my grandson to use when he is in Oregon like 2x a year. I do not care about warranties... I can just buy new whenever I want... Its a terrible problem to have... I have invested well in my lifetime. The cruise ships are waiting... really :)

Gary from Oregon

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99% the time I use the stock coil. It would be a coverage thing for me. But either way you can sell the coil right away. Knocks a good chunk off the sale price.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much extra depth do you really get with the 17, have you tested and compared in the same ground with the same target?

Couple of inches more or less depending on your dirt. Its most noticeable at the beach for me.

I also use stock 90%+ of the time fwiw. I have to use a harness with that large coil due to an old shoulder injury. At the beach its more like 90%+ using the 17.

Last edited:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
masterjedi
Don't waste your money on cruise ships, bad food, can't detect on them and a bunch of old people that are always passing gas.

New detectors make you feel good and give you something to do...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread