wot coil for ex 2...asking for suggestions

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
hello all, im useing an ex 2, and bought a wot coil about 3 months ago...not having much luck with it...i do use a joey usually...and i gotta say i really do like this coil...i was hopeing the wot would be a blessing for depth...instead...its been a nightmare...lol...well not really THAT bad...but im wondering if im just not setting up right for this coil ect...seems to pick up so many targets at the same time and for me its about impossable to pinpoint with .....i do have an x-1 i use too! anybody out there having good luck with their wot...im not useing it at the beach...but trying to use it at parks and homesites ect...seems like if there are alot of targets in the ground....its just confusing to me...come on people...lay it on me...good or bad comments...are all welcome...smile, bigscrub!

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Hi Bigscub,Hi I have had and used the wot coil since it was first introduced for the Explorer about 6yrs ago. Using the Wot coil on the Explorer in parks is probably not the ideal situation for the coil because of the abundance of targets. It is best suited to areas where targets are deep and not so plentiful. The coil is very sensitive and is more prone to interference and false signals than the smaller coils, you will find that you will be better off running it on a lower sensitivity setting. Pin pointing is also more difficult at the higher sensitivity settings. When pin pointing with big Double D coils like the wot it is easier to pin point the target by swinging directly over your target to establish the centre line then gradually drag your coil towards you, when the signal stops the target is in the dead centre in front of your coil. When using the big coil run the detector in the fast mode this will help seperate your targets. When using the coil dont think you are losing depth by lowering the sensitivity, because you are not, you are able to hear signals clearer and are not having to put up with excessive ground noise which will also mask good signals. Try using your Explorer in manual sensitivity settings increasing your sensitivity until you start getting false signals then decreasing until they just stop, this setting will give you more depth than running in auto sensitivity which tends to reduce the depth considerably especially if the ground is mineralised. Good hunting the Wot coil is great and you will be surprised at the depths at which you will find things seeya Neilo :D

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
thanks neilo for the help...i have always figured lowering the sensitivity would decrease depth...and depth is what i was looking for in the wot...i have had the sensitivity cranked up to like 28 usually....Ill try what your saying and see what happens! I havnt tried my ex 2 in manual sensitivity as of yet either..so here too i may find a big differance in useing the wot like this! have a great day and thanks for the help...bigscrub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions