Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rckbrk, unless you're in the real hurry to get something immediately, I would still wait 2-4 weeks for average people to report what they are getting. For Terry, my bud, yes, it's the bomb compared to some of his Tesoros in salt water. which is what he primarily uses according to posts here. I don't think he's taken it on land yet ( I haven't read that anywhere) and certainly not to his area in Arizona for the gold. Tesoros make great machines, no doubt, I used them with one White's for years before my addition of a Deus. In salt water the EQ should do very well, and yes, Minelab makes good machines, no doubt about it. At LEAST wait a week or so. Some real reviews will be in this weekend, I'm certain of it. Just watch for reviews from dealers and their friends. Like I can tell who they are - not. They all want to sell you the latest and greatest machine.

I'll be testing one about March 25 and will give an opinion, if you (or anyone else) wants it.

In the meantime, I'm going detecting! If all else fails, do like I do sometimes and go into debt for one! Not that I ever did that, no, not me. No. (Nose gets longer at this point.)

If I decide to get one it will be summer at least and there will be used ones around.

OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rckbrk, unless you're in the real hurry to get something immediately, I would still wait 2-4 weeks for average people to report what they are getting. For Terry, my bud, yes, it's the bomb compared to some of his Tesoros in salt water. which is what he primarily uses according to posts here. I don't think he's taken it on land yet ( I haven't read that anywhere) and certainly not to his area in Arizona for the gold. Tesoros make great machines, no doubt, I used them with one White's for years before my addition of a Deus. In salt water the EQ should do very well, and yes, Minelab makes good machines, no doubt about it. At LEAST wait a week or so. Some real reviews will be in this weekend, I'm certain of it. Just watch for reviews from dealers and their friends. Like I can tell who they are - not. They all want to sell you the latest and greatest machine.

I'll be testing one about March 25 and will give an opinion, if you (or anyone else) wants it.

In the meantime, I'm going detecting! If all else fails, do like I do sometimes and go into debt for one! Not that I ever did that, no, not me. No. (Nose gets longer at this point.)

If I decide to get one it will be summer at least and there will be used ones around.
I will rarely use on the beach there are a few new videos out of a guy land hunting and it seemed to do really well.. But I did just get a very good price on a full dues setup including water kit for not much more than the 800 really leaning that way but still not 100%

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two cents --

Get the Equinox 600. Minelab multi-frequency technology has a stellar reputation for stable ID, punching deep, handling tough ground (including saltwater beaches) well, and overall just being outstanding machines. Not that there aren't a plethora of good units out there, but for $649, you can have a brand-new Minelab multi-frequency unit, and not just multi, but their newest, most cutting-edge multi-frequency technology. YES, it will still ID some gold, and nickels, and some pull tabs in exactly the same way. ALL machines will, multi-frequency, or not. But I really think the Equinox 600, you will find, will do ALL things VERY well (coin hunt, relic hunt, jewelry hunt, beach hunt)...

Steve

AND I might add, you can ALSO switch to a single freq. if you so choose to.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will rarely use on the beach there are a few new videos out of a guy land hunting and it seemed to do really well.. But I did just get a very good price on a full dues setup including water kit for not much more than the 800 really leaning that way but still not 100%

I doubt you'll go wrong with either machine. To me, the fact that the Equinox is waterproof would give me piece of mind around water, or, even just in the rain.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let me know if you don't take the DEUS!!!!!! I will for sure!!!!!!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting, impatiently for reports of people who used their new machines today. Forget the videos, words do better. Videos are for next week. Anyone go out and dig? Anyone dig in the dirt (besides me)?

Terry why did you pick the 600 over the 800?

titan 9000

Greenie
Jan 8, 2017
ohio
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola mod.;titan 9000;minelab xterra705 gold plus plugger straight rod 5 coils;nokta pointer;sunray pro gold headphones;sunspot scoop;whites digger',Fisher F-pulse pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I'm sold on the new stuff yet. I'm using xterra 705 a multi frequency with coil change. A great feature rich detector. I realize faster processors etc but now xterra 705 at $499 a lot for a lot less. . I don't see the world changing that much with Equinox.But Maybe.
Nokta is yet to be reported but I find their stuff very interesting . I use their pointer and like it. I'm a go slow and wait guy.. Ok first Texas you going to join the new offerings?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread