coiltek vs minelab

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all! So First off, I purchased a Minelab E-TRAC... it came with the Sunray Probe, Sunray sniper coil, and a Coiltek 15" All Terrain Search Coil.

My question, which one is the better coil? The minelab stock coil that came on the etrac, or the Coiltek?

Thanks,
Chris

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I preferred the Coiltek 15" W.O.T. over the Small Sniper coils,
on my Sovereign. more coverage, most likely more depth.
And almost as Easy at Separation of Targets, If you don't mind Circling the Signals to Pinpoint,
& occasionally Back away a foot & work your way into a menagerie of targets one Target at a Time in Trashy Areas.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Coiltek WOT (or better yet, the NEL 15" Attack coil) for fields, beaches, and wide open spaces with only a mild amount of junk. The stock coil I like around home sites and parks if they're not too trashy. For iron infested sites, I like the sniper coil. Keep in mind that most of the sniper coils are limited on depth. If it's an old site, you may miss some deep targets.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, Coiltek use to make all of Minelab's coils coils before Minelab started making them in house. There is a close relationship between
coiltek and Minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread