Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Equinox 600:headbang:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, Equinox. 800 if you can afford it, 600 if you can't.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think like mentioned above, the NOX......I'm just starting to see a few Nox's on the beach's here and at the club meetings. Last hunt I seen a couple NOXS in the water but never got a chance to talk to the owners to see how they did. Good Luck!!

OP
OP
Landonthecoincollector
Dec 14, 2018
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Minelab Xterra-505, Whites Prizm IV, Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I can’t afford either Nox, what detector would be a alternative?

OP
OP
Landonthecoincollector
Dec 14, 2018
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Minelab Xterra-505, Whites Prizm IV, Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What would be a cheaper alternative to the nox?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might find a used one on the net, especially Ebay, they are now available used. Other than that, I'm not sure which machine would be better for you.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of detecter stores sell used and Demo machines and do payment plans

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello TreasureNet!
I have the xterra 505 with the stock coil
I was wondering if I should buy a new coil for the xterra 505
Or buy the xterra 705 with stock coil
Or is there any detector that’s better than both in the same price range for jewelry and coins?
I hunt the parks, farm fields, woods and occasional beach

the difference between the X TERRA 505 and the 705 is the 705 has a prospecting mode,beach mode and auto GB tracking also a few other things, the coils for the 505 will also work on the 705 so if thats the direction you are thinking about going if you have the 9 inch 7.5 KHZ coil on the 505 I would purchase the gold package 705 which comes with the 5x10 18.75 KHz DD coil then you would have two coils to use on the 705 the learning curve should not be much for you since you have been using the 505,the 705 in my opinion is one of the most under rated detectors to have ever been produced and the price you can purchase a 705 for now makes it a steal rite know.

if you are looking to up grade further then the 705 you need to look at the Equinox 600 or 800 or even the new ANFIBIO Multi made by Nokta I have never used an of them so I could not tell you if it would actually be an up grade, for me I have never felt a need to up grade to something others perceive as better I have always felt with the 705 I could hunt with the best of them

the new ANFIBIO Multi to me seems to be like the 705 because even though they are calling it a multi frequency detector you can only run one frequency at a time I know for a fact you can purchase a multi frequency coil made by NEL for the 705 that allows you to use one coil on the 705 to run any of the frequencies the 705 can run in just by turning the 705 off and then back on with in two seconds in other words it will run 3 KHz,7.5KHz,and 18.75 KHz all done with out ever changing coils one coil does all three frequencies I have never personally used one of those coils on my 705 but that has always been my only complaint with the 705 is having to change coils to change frequencies

Also to me the only true multi frequency detector is either of the Equinox because you can run one or all the frequencies they can run in

Pops1959

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400,
Minelab X Terra 705,
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett "Carrot" Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a 505, and are used to using it, the 705 will be a piece of cake to use. I love mine. I just use the stock 9" concentric. It pulled a clad dime at 11" last week. Others have mentioned the Equinox600. I have one of those as well. It's an amazing machine that is quite easy to use. You cannot go wrong with that one. Ultimately it all comes down to what you want. I am a firm believer that the best machine is one you have become one with, so to speak. If you are accustomed to using the 505, than the 705 would be the way to go. You won't miss a beat! But if you want something newer to play with and enjoy spending a bit of time learning, the NOX would be a great choice.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 705 is not a great salt water machine though....

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Landon, if you like the machine and your good with it, go for a DD coil for it. It comes stock with a 9" concentric coil, Minelab makes a 10.5" or a 15" dd coil in either the 7.5 or 18.75 kHz. I'd try a DD coil with it, it can make a difference depending where and how you hunt. then if you decide a new machine is in order you have bonus items for sell the old one.
Good Luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread