Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an Ace killer to me. My father just recently (this weekend lol) retired his ace 400 for the AT Pro but i can see next year jumping on something like this. He likes Garretts tones which i get but other companies are really kicking butt right now. Like mentioned above i would like to see those coil options for the Nox.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The Vanquish was launched here yesterday. I was looking forward to this hoping it would be a scaled down version of an Equinox, would have been ideal for my wife.
Firstly it looks like a Garrett, secondly, and for me the real downer, only the coil is waterproof....WTF Minelab!!! Whos dumb idea was that?. You have missed a real trick here. That's gonna cost you thousands of sales. Might as well buy a Simplex. Unbelievable.
Well sandmartin there are a lot of ones that detect that never go to water. They just hunt land.If i want to hunt water i just use my water detector.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hunt land. There are monsters in the water.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With me, it's the effort involved and I have done very, very well on land and wet sand this year anyway. The ocean here is horrible. They had rip tide statements again this week.

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well sandmartin there are a lot of ones that detect that never go to water. They just hunt land.If i want to hunt water i just use my water detector.

You are correct, not everyone water detects but I do and seems strange to have a beach mode on the machine but not make it waterproof. That will cost Minelab a lot of sales IMHO.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know a lot about it yet, but if it operates in a mine-lab (multi-freq), it would be an ACE killer for the price point. At times I've been asked about a good machine to buy without spending a lot of money, and I often said the Garrett Ace series. Still holds true, but, this Vanquish may just be giving more for the money. Waterproof?, well I've never had a waterproof machine until I bought a Garrett AT Pro, JUST for that reason only. (10 feet deep? if I'm in 10 feet of water, I'm not detecting, I'm drowning, Help me please) I have had the EQ 800 for some time now, and it's good for 10 as well as we all know. This Vanquish may be a great machine in it's own right, water proof or not. Time will tell. And yep, as per "Smokey" a "zip lock" bag has worked just dandy in the past to "weatherproof the control box". Way cheaper then buying the correct "Rain cover" for whichever machine. AND, you CAN carry cookies in the as well until you need the bag. (Of course if you need the bag for rain you will need to empty it of it's contents in a most wonderful way)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions