Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just some stuff posted here which may be conjecture. Priced more than GO-Find and less than an Equinox, so relatively low end. Out may by end of the year. I don't think anyone knows much for real.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1561306844.300243.jpg I noticed this circulating today, but have no way to confirm it's legitimacy. We've seen control box fakes before.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look about like I would expect a modern ML detector to look - designed by someone who designs toaster ovens! Lol - sort of kidding, but I understand that ML outsources all their mechanical designs to some folks who design all sorts of consumer and medium tech electronic stuff - none of them metal detector users.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Rick. Nothing to get real excited about IF you already own a detector. I assume it will be out before Christmas, appears like an Equinox 600 without as many features.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a rumor, but their are very few details being released.

I still think it's going to be a waterproof replacement for the X-terra series.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating reading - Silver Fiend’s website the post somehow looks very familiar however.

Last edited:

puzznic

Aug 27, 2019
Chester, UK
Detector(s) used
Novice (returning to detecting after 20 years)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anyone heard any news about the new Minelab machine in the pipeline?

I am in the UK and returning to detecting after a 20 year gap. A good friend of mine runs a detecting shop here in the UK and I was planning to buy a garrett 400i from him but he stopped me. He told me to wait until after Detectival 2019 and get a Vanquish detector. he said "they will be multi-frequency and will blow Garrett out of the water" He said that he daren't say more as he had signed an NDA. But he was adamant that I should wait.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in the UK and returning to detecting after a 20 year gap. A good friend of mine runs a detecting shop here in the UK and I was planning to buy a garrett 400i from him but he stopped me. He told me to wait until after Detectival 2019 and get a Vanquish detector. he said "they will be multi-frequency and will blow Garrett out of the water" He said that he daren't say more as he had signed an NDA. But he was adamant that I should wait.

I would have to agree with him.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test drive it before you buy it.

Silver Fiend's bit is nice. It's apparently not totally wireless as I see a coil wire going up the shaft. There are still a few dealers within 200 miles of me. I may go test drive one at the end of the year. Will bring own relics!

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Or just get the Equinox and not worry about it.

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vanquish was launched here yesterday. I was looking forward to this hoping it would be a scaled down version of an Equinox, would have been ideal for my wife.
Firstly it looks like a Garrett, secondly, and for me the real downer, only the coil is waterproof....WTF Minelab!!! Whos dumb idea was that?. You have missed a real trick here. That's gonna cost you thousands of sales. Might as well buy a Simplex. Unbelievable.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFL or buy a Garrett ACE 400! Companies do odd things. I suppose they think their brand name will sell it. I might have tried it if it had a multi frequency as the design is more sensible, but alas...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be curious to see how it performs. The biggest downer I see so far is that it's not waterproof. It's interesting that it has a lot more frequencies than the Nox though, and different coils. I wonder if these coils will be compatible with the Nox. That would be nice as it would give Nox owners a lot more options.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vanquish is multifrequency, each one of them. All of them run on multi-IQ. $200 for a multifrequency starter is pretty darn good. Compare a Vanquish 340 to an Ace 150 or 200. Next compare the Vanquish 440 to the Ace 250 or 300. Then the Vanquish 540 to the Ace 350 or 400. The choice becomes clear. As far as the Simplex, yes it is disappointing that Vanquish is not waterproof. Nokta showed us at Detectival that waterproofing can be done even on a child's metal detector (upcoming Mini-Horde). If the Vanquish had been made waterproof Minelab would've made an obvious checkmate on every entry level machine including the Simplex. But since they didn't, now buyers have to weigh whether they would rather have waterproof or multifrequency. Some will choose the superior data points and multiple environment performance stability offered by multi-IQ, but be limited to mostly land and shallow water. Some will choose the superior build quality and waterproofing offered by the Simplex. Some people will buy both.

Vanquish is a non waterproof Equinox without single frequency options and with varying degrees of less performance options. It is curious the way the "weatherproofing" of the control head is described as "with the rain cover." Is it not weatherproof without the cover? If that's the case any company could create a control head cover and market their machine as "weatherproof."

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cipher, I used a zip lock bag as a cover for intermittent rain showers for years now. Never lost a machine that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread