DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I recently purchased a used Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack, and was wanting to know if ML offers a test/check, refurbish, or software upgrade service at one of their Service Centers here in the USA. I haven't even received it yet, but was just "lining up my ducks"...just in case. I have been assured by the seller that it "works perfectly", but it is a consignment sale, so the seller doesn't know its history. The 705 has been on the market since 2009, and the Gold Pack since 2010...

If any know of this service, or have used it, please reply.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you call Minelab they will set you up with an RMA and give you the address in Pa where to ship it and they will check it out for you, you will have to ask ML the cost, I know what it use to be but not sure it is still the same. It use to be $37.50 to check it out.

OP
OP
D

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did contact ML by email, and yes, they charge $37.50 for test/check, and additional (I think $75/hr) for repair + parts. Their reply stated it would be returned "like new" in 7-10 days, but I failed to ask if this service had any sort of warranty.

I haven't even received the 705 yet, but expect it Monday. Will check some spots I've hit several times before (with a BH and F44), to see if it picks up anything I missed.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread