RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in the market for an Equinox, and I am having a tough time choosing between the 600 and 800 version. I was wondering if any of yu guys can answer me any questions.

1. Is the 800 actually better?

2. Does the 600 have the same depth as the 800?

3. Are they worth the price?

4. How do you charge your detector?

5. Is the waterproof claim good on both detectors?

6. How are the wireless headphones? Do you like them? Are they better than wired headphones?

7. Has anybody bought off of this website before? ------- https://warriordwarfs.com/product/m...MInY2QsKSG5QIVgSCtBh3oLgyfEAQYAiABEgLG3PD_BwE

8. I am used to an old 1990s Whites MXT. Can I learn the Equinox somewhat easily? How long does that usually take? 1 month? two months? It varies?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Not better just more features
2. Same depth
3. That depends on several criteria. “Worth it” is relative.
4. The 800 will come with two charging cables one for the Equinox and one for the WM80, that connect to a standard wall charger like an Apple iPad charger or phone charger.
5. Identical
6. I personally love the ML 80 and the Minelab waterproof ones. I’ve had no issues with low output or lag.
7. Be careful that’s a scam. Phone our sponsors and ask for their best deal.
8. Also relative to one’s experience and/or aptitude. After a few YouTube’s you’ll be up and swinging.
Here is a link to read on the differences between the 600 vs the 800:
https://www.minelab.com/community/treasure-talk/equinox-600-vs-equinox-800
Good luck!

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the market for an Equinox, and I am having a tough time choosing between the 600 and 800 version. I was wondering if any of yu guys can answer me any questions.

1. Is the 800 actually better? Slightly

2. Does the 600 have the same depth as the 800? Yes

3. Are they worth the price? Absolutely!

4. How do you charge your detector? With the supplied cable. not fully understanding this question

5. Is the waterproof claim good on both detectors? Yes

6. How are the wireless headphones? Do you like them? Are they better than wired headphones? Awesome. love them. absolutely

7. Has anybody bought off of this website before? ------- Dont even think of it! SCAM SCAM SCAM

8. I am used to an old 1990s Whites MXT. Can I learn the Equinox somewhat easily? How long does that usually take? 1 month? two months? It varies? Not hard to learn. Just use it a lot, read the manual, and pay attention to every signal

responses in red

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the info so far, and especially about the scam...I knew there had to be something wrong...even my cheapskate brain knew that.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1. Is the 800 actually better? YUP - I love the goldmode for everyday detecting.

2. Does the 600 have the same depth as the 800? Yes, however the 800 has much more variability between modes and settings... I believe it to be worth the slight jump in price.

3. Are they worth the price? Traded my CTX for one of these. (Sold it and used the cash)

4. How do you charge your detector? (Through my laptop, wall charger, and cigarette 12v)

5. Is the waterproof claim good on both detectors? Yup, no complaints but some have had bad units. goes with everything manufactured...

6. How are the wireless headphones? Do you like them? Are they better than wired headphones? Love them but I run Buds, Sennheiser APTX. Expensive but worth it.

8. I am used to an old 1990s Whites MXT. Can I learn the Equinox somewhat easily? How long does that usually take? Impossible to put a time frame on it. If you dig a lot, then it wont be too bad. Stick with Park 1 and gold 1 in my experience and watch a bunch of videos on how to best understand the unit. I think its quite user friendly and non modified settings work just great.

Curlymaplebandit

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally purchased the 800 cuase I thought, living in Nor Cal I would use the "gold modes" more.
Well I haven't as much as I'd like, but I'm glad I got the 800 for the added adjustability. Turns out being able to adjust ALL the tone breaks is something I find useful. Really like the WM80 module with a good set of earbuds, but if the wind picks up, the wireless ML headset is great.

Also like Bquamb said above, there are those that like the gold mode for everyday detection.

How long it takes you to get dialled in is really a crapshoot. Partly how much time you spend with the machine, but also what your definition of proficient is.

Neat thing about the Nox line is it's really good in the factory default settings, so if getting proficient means snagging coins in the local ballfields, then pretty much right away. But... if you mean understanding every setting and how it interacts with all the others... there's a lot there to understand.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread