Minelab.com equinox 800 wireless audio

Doug S

Dec 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought an equinox 800 and seem to be having a problem. The only way I can get the wireless headphones to work is to plug in the supplied 1/8 in. headphone cord into the wireless modual. Is this how it supposed to work. I was under the impression that with wireless, you don't need to connect any wires to the headphones.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but without knowing anything about you or your experience, I have to ask the obvious questions.... Did you follow the user manual instructions to pair the headphones to the detector?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought an equinox 800 and seem to be having a problem. The only way I can get the wireless headphones to work is to plug in the supplied 1/8 in. headphone cord into the wireless modual. Is this how it supposed to work. I was under the impression that with wireless, you don't need to connect any wires to the headphones.

Are you sinking the headphones? Also you can not have the remote voice module on if your trying to sink to headphones, by design it looks for the WM first, if it finds it it will never look for the bluetooth headphones.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like you haven't properly paired your wireless headphones with the detector. Like Treasure Hunter mentioned, keep the WM08 module off and go through the pairing process as mentioned in the manual. Once they're paired properly, you shouldn't have any further need to re-pair them unless you do a factory reset on the machine, or change headphones. After they're paired and when you go to shut down and later to turn everything on again, I like to start with the detector, and then the headphones. They just seem to link up easier that way. When I start up, I turn on the detector first, wait until I hear the first little beep, then immediately turn on the headphones. They should link in only a couple of seconds. When I'm done, I turn off the detector and then the headphones. Even still sometimes they just won't link up properly. When that happens, I turn everything back off and then start over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread