confused on what i should do

findit

Jul 1, 2007
I purchased a brand new sovereign elite from a dealer that had one left over after the gt came out, and played around with it in the back yard three or four times to try to learn it. Well then i saw the tesoro's he got in and purchased one. needless to say i never picked up the sovereign after that. now i have the cibola and vaquero and said i will hold on to the sovereign if i want to hunt the salt beaches. a year later and i still have not hunted on the beach nor do i have the desire i am happy with what i have and the places i hunt. i guess i will probably sell the sovereign, but the thought of parting with it is really bugging me ,heck it's brand new with the box and meter which i never even put on. i also purchased the case so i can hip mount it as i expected it to be a little heavy for me, never even got to use that. shame a brand new detector that is just going to collect dust. maybe has 1 and half hours on it. would you keep it?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
findit said:
I purchased a brand new sovereign elite from a dealer that had one left over after the gt came out, and played around with it in the back yard three or four times to try to learn it. Well then i saw the tesoro's he got in and purchased one. needless to say i never picked up the sovereign after that. now i have the cibola and vaquero and said i will hold on to the sovereign if i want to hunt the salt beaches. a year later and i still have not hunted on the beach nor do i have the desire i am happy with what i have and the places i hunt. i guess i will probably sell the sovereign, but the thought of parting with it is really bugging me ,heck it's brand new with the box and meter which i never even put on. i also purchased the case so i can hip mount it as i expected it to be a little heavy for me, never even got to use that. shame a brand new detector that is just going to collect dust. maybe has 1 and half hours on it. would you keep it?
Yes i would keep it if it is payed for and you don't need the money.If you sell it you might be sorry some day and wish you still had it.Then again if you are sure you are never going to use it and want the money sell it...Every body wants extra money.... Well i guess now you are still confused!!!!! Best i could do.......... ==Jim==

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One way to find out....take it out to a place that you have hunted well with your other detectors...Enuf said you will be keeping it!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One never has enough detectors.

As the others have said, if you don't really need the money keep it. Every tool has a place where it excels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread