DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showing my improvised Sovereign Hipmount setup. I got the Minelab Hipmount pouch with my detector but really didn't like it because it rides funny on a belt. I bought this well made "AWP" nylon pouch at Lowes for 12 bucks in the tool department. It rides low on your hip making it easy to look at your control unit and adjust your settings. You can slide the unit out easily to change batteries with no problems. The largest pocket fits the Sovereign really great and it has a second pocket sitting in front of the large pocket. I keep my keys and sunglasses and anything else in that second pocket. I just poked a hole in the bottom for the coil hook up. I got the Velcro belt at a police supply store for 7 bucks. It makes putting everything on and taking it off really easy. I have a second pouch on the belt for my finds and it is from Kellyco, it is their 3 pocket mesh pouch for 18 bucks, a little high but it is a good pouch. I use it at the beach to let the sand fall through.

While at Lowes, pick you up a roll of Velcro fastners for about 4 bucks. They come two rolls to a pack in grey and black and there must be 100 of them in there. I use them to keep my coil wires in check. I run one through the front of my belt and hang the coil wire on the belt coming from the unit to keep the stress off the coil wire connection at the base of the unit.

Take Care.

DaChief!

Attachments

• Hipmount Belt 002.jpg
    Hipmount Belt 002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 405
  • Hipmount Belt 001.jpg
    Hipmount Belt 001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 396
  • Hipmount Belt 002.jpg
    Hipmount Belt 002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 414

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice setup. With the hip mount bag Minelab has for the Sov GT, the plastic cover for the bag gets in the way and I cut it off and attached velcro to it so I could reinstall it if I took it out in the rain. Unlikely..........

OP
OP
DaChief

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same with my Minelab hipmount pouch. I can use this same setup for my older Toltec 80 and 100 also. They fit in this pouch really well too.

Hope you are feeling o.k. Sandman. I hate that feeling of being stuck in the house waiting for things to mend.

DaChief

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
It looks like I'm off to Lowes to look for that pouch. Maybe I can find some alluminum tube to make a straight rod for my Sovereign. I really want to change the rod before spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread