Sovereign GTs new meter.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sovereign GT's new meter.

I've been checking on Minelab's newly calibrated digital meter and it is indeed out. List price is about $210.00

If you order one, make sure it is the newest one, pn #3012-0084. I have ordered one with the Coiltech inline probe to play with in the snow. Don't bother ordering it from Kellyco as it will be on back order for six months they said.

Take Care,
Sandman

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Sovereign GT's new meter.

Sandman said:
I've been checking on Minelab's newly calibrated digital meter and it is indeed out. List price is about $210.00

If you order one, make sure it is the newest one, pn #3012-0084. I have ordered one with the Coiltech inline probe to play with in the snow. Don't bother ordering it from Kellyco as it will be on back order for six months they said.

Take Care,
Sandman
Sandman...Where can you get it at??????????????????????/==Jim==

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Sandman....Thanks Sandman for the reply i'll look into that................==Jim==

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sandman said:

Take Care,
Sandman

Is this the Digisearch meter that is pictured on the Kellyco website that your referring to? It calibrates to 180 like the Sunrays do?

Thanks,
Neil

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If one had a GT. there many coils to choose from. I am interested in depth on the beach.
Had the WOT 15" in mind, by referral. They make a 16.5, but is there any extra depth :)on the larger? Also what frequency would be best? Ideas appreciated.
Sandman

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neil, The new meter looks like the old one, but the part numbers are different. #3012-0081 (Correction, the new part number is #3012-0084) I didn't want to just change the number after it was brought to my attention.

Sandsifter, Most guys like the depth of the WOT and the weight isn't bad either. As for frequence, the best one that doesn't give you any back talk from the other near by detectors. Some detectors can't get within 20 or so feet from another detector. PI's at the beach bother every one else. If you want real depth, the Infinium LS by Garrett is great with two tone ID. to help id some iron.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gates21 said:
I found a place that has them in stock for 175 + free shipping, pm me if anyone is interested.
thanks for the link ::)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

does the meter require a battery ?

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Minelab meter doesn't require a battery as it runs off the detector's power.

The meter by Coiltech seems to have a following because it is slanted upwards for easy viewing. It too is a 180 numbered jobbie and has a backlight for night hunting on neighbor's lawn. The light requires a battery. I wish I had ordered the Coiltech instead.

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN

Sandman said:
The Minelab meter doesn't require a battery as it runs off the detector's power.

The meter by Coiltech seems to have a following because it is slanted upwards for easy viewing. It too is a 180 numbered jobbie and has a backlight for night hunting on neighbor's lawn. The light requires a battery. I wish I had ordered the Coiltech instead.

Where can you find the Coiltek meter? I've never seen one listed on the usual websites.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, please tell me too where you can buy one of these new meters, thanks, Bryan

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sandman said:
Neil, The new meter looks like the old one, but the part numbers are different. #3012-0081

Sandsifter, Most guys like the depth of the WOT and the weight isn't bad either. As for frequence, the best one that doesn't give you any back talk from the other near by detectors. Some detectors can't get within 20 or so feet from another detector. PI's at the beach bother every one else. If you want real depth, the Infinium LS by Garrett is great with two tone ID. to help id some iron.

Thanks Sandman. I will have to check into it and see what Minelab improved. Ive got one I modded to 180 from the older XS2 model and also have a digisearch now. Minelab is always making some kind of refinements.

Merry Christmas to you and your family,
Neil

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN

Dixie Metal Detectors in Madison, TN lists an angled mounting bracket to make the meter easier to see for $25 on their website. It's listed under specialty and new items but there's no picture of it that I can find though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread