Is the X-70 good for clad stacking?

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I had a GTI 2500 last year and could clad stack with the best of them, and found many silver rings also. The weight got to be to much with my shoulder problems and I sold it. The X-70 appeals to me for the weight and diversity, but is target recovery fast and easy for clad? Because of where I live I usually am in areas where there is no chance of getting older stuff. I will also go for the older stuff on occasion and the X-terra seems to be great for any occasion with the coil options. Thanks for any help and ideas...Ryan

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I have only had my -70 for a week but I would say it will hunt with the best of them. pinpointing is quick and easy, it finds the clad. very light weight also. Jeff

GTI2500

Greenie
Aug 31, 2007
Oscoda Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minlab X70
I also had a GTI2500. And I also got rid if it because it was just too heavy for an old man. I think I will miss the size image the most. When I was just interested in coins I would put it in coin dis and dig all the money boings that were coin size.

I got a x terra 70, now. I've only had it for a few days but already I love it. AND IT IS SOOO LIGHT.
There are some great forums like this one so google x terra 70 and do some research. Of course, in the end you will have to make the choice, as there are many detectors and many that hate a certain tector. Suppose it is a personal thing.

good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread