Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the XT-70, but I do have several Minelabs. I buy Energizer alkaline's myself. I look for them on sale and many times I find really good sales on them in the 24 and 36 packs....................

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Hi I use 2600 mah Nimh rechargeable batteries in mine. I get around 20hrs running time. Look on ebay you can buy them much cheaper with a charger thrown in. It is definately better than having waste money on ordinary batteries all the time. The rechargeables can be recharged up to 1000 times, make sure you buy a good recognised brand. seeya Neilo. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neilo is telling you the best way to go. If you still want to use regular batteries you can get good ones at Costco, the Kirkland store brand. These are the batteries I use in place of the rechargables most times.

OP
OP
Lt1stone

Lt1stone

Jan 25, 2008
Newkirk Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, Gray Ghosts, Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wifedecided to get me some batteries. She stopped at Radio Shack and got some on sale. RS brand Energizer alkalines 40 pack for about $14.00. Ishould be able to hunt for a very lllloooonnngggg time! :thumbsup: :icon_pirat:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
There just happens to be an Eveready Battery manufacturing plant here in my home town (maryville, MO.) My sister has worked there for over 15 years at least and she told me they put all kinds of generic labels on the same batteries. They are exactly the same thing on the inside. As this is hearsay information take it for what its worth but I seem to get just as much life out of generic brands as I can name brands. I believe what makes the difference is the electronic device you are using, different machines use different amounts of energy. HH Charlie

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Re chargable batteries are fine but my experience with the 9 volt ones and the d cells is they won't last as long as a new non re chargable. Now I am talking Ni cad. The reason is they start at a lower voltage than the one you are replacing.
The Nickel metal Hydrides are better. But they don't match in size and voltage usually.

My unscientific belief is that the duracells outperform any others in regular batteries.

I was using the 9v re chargable but I never knew when it was going to go out so I bought 2. I went back to a regular battery and it goes for a good 18-22 hours no muss no fuss. But its a tesoro and only needs one. If the machine used multiple batts., I would definitely want something re chargable. I would say a NIMH pack would be the way to go if you could find a pack that fits in your battery box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread