Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9" 3KHz coil

My brand new X-7- will be here in a couple of days. Came into a little bit of moolah after I ordered the detector and I was wondering about the 9" 3KHz coil for coins. I went back several pages to look for posts on this coil. Some of the posts were over 4 months old. I would like to hear from folks that are presently using this particular coil (Likes or Dislikes) before I make a decision to buy it or not. Thanks

Idaho PRB

May 21, 2005
South Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Ace 250
Re: 9" 3KHz coil

I bought one and did so before I realized just how mineralized ground affects concentric coils. I would love to see one in a DD style. If concentrics work for you in your soil conditions, I'll bet you will love it.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Johnnycat, did you get the pro option with the 5x10 DD coil? I would wait and see what the stock coil and if you have the 5x10 DD ( I'm liking this coil)will do before getting the 3KHz's... If a DD in your ground runs better, you might consider a 6"18.5 KHz DD or the 10.5" DD in either mid 7.5 KHz or high 18.5 KHz.... By the way the Super 12" from you is my favorite coil on my M6..
Ray

OP
OP
J

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cosmic said:
Hi Johnnycat, did you get the pro option with the 5x10 DD coil? I would wait and see what the stock coil and if you have the 5x10 DD ( I'm liking this coil)will do before getting the 3KHz's... If a DD in your ground runs better, you might consider a 6"18.5 KHz DD or the 10.5" DD in either mid 7.5 KHz or high 18.5 KHz.... By the way the Super 12" from you is my favorite coil on my M6..
Ray

Nice to hear from you and I'm glad you are liking the Super 12. Well I got rid of my MXT for an X-70 so I guess I'll be starting all over. Yes on the Pro package.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread