2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just spent about 4 hours hunting Park Point with my husband. Found about $11.00 in clad, a foriene (asian) coin? Found some tokens....and a ton of foil!!! No jewelry :-\ but we had to get one last hunt in before it is officially winter here. We had hunted out there once before many years ago. This time the "hits" were far and few between. Whom ever is hitting that beach has been doing a great job.

Anyone still "hunting for treasures" in MN? The ground is starting to freeze.

M & M

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North of Brainerd. We ran into someone from St. Cloud while detecting in Crosslake this summer.....You? I know there are quite a few of "us" out there
MM

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
MM, Quite a few of 'us' out there? I've detected for 18 yrs now and have only met around 5 or 6 other detectorers (detectorists are female) in that time in the St Cloud area. I sorta think I have the whole place to myself. No, I wasn't at Cross Lake.

Have you ever checked old road maps (1930s-1960) to see where old towns used to be around your area? I'm amazed at the number of towns that are listed on old maps that are non-existant today....maybe a few run down buildings, rubble of what used to be some buildings, or just plain farmland today. Goose/Cy-Minn

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have intentions on going to the historical society to research some old plat books of the area. Maybe a winter project?

I did see on T'Net the ghost town of Manganese, did some research and found it to be on crow wing co. land ....I don't think they let us MD there.? Not sure? I need to research further. I talked to a coworker who used to go out there to party when she was in high school, so who knows what they found or left there?

We (hubby and I) hit many beaches around the state this summer and you could almost tell instantly if someone had been there ahead of us. I'd say half of the beaches that we hit were previously hit. That is why I assume that there are many of "us" in MN.

M & M

JimmyK

Greenie
Feb 26, 2007
Just another MDer from MN checking in. My wife and I have been detecting for 15 years now. Three summers ago I started water detecting - got my wife to try it last summer. Been to many beech up north and have done well at times. We live about 100 miles north of Duluth. I have always wanted to do Park Point. Maybe next season. My last day in the water was Oct 3 and found 2 gold rings and other stuff. My last day on land was Oct 31 and found a Merc and change in a park I have hunted ( and mostly everyone else) at least 10 seasons. Sure hope to meet up with you all out having fun. Have a Happy New Year and my the new year bring you a new find like none other in the past. 2008 gave me my first Morgan silver dollar-1882, and my first diamond ring. Would like here how you did hunting??

Best Wishes - Happy Hunting

Jim

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been to this site in a few weeks.

I don't think there are any rule about NOT hunting park point. We went when it was cold and only saw one other person walking his dogs.

I am ready for summer to be here again to get back to MD'ing. Might just have to take a trip south.

MM

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I was able to hunt an old school property in January and came across 4 indian heads and some normal clad.. as well as take some nice picture's of Lake Superior.

Take a look at my Indian's I have found..[youtube=425,350]LTIVUo0cLvk[/youtube]

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Twin Digger! Awesome pictures of Lake Superior!

2minnesota

Brendoodl

Feb 22, 2008
Hey Minnesota,
I am coming to your great state in April from the 16th to the 21st. I would love to go out and get in some MD. I will be staying right in the heart of Minneapolis with no car so are there any spots in or around the city I can get to. I would love to get a piece of history from your state.
Brendan Flaherty
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread