Owattonna Hunting

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help you with Owatonna, but I've detected parks in New Ulm with no problem. I think the oldest park is called Washington Park and it is just a block or two off the main street downtown. Also I have detected at the fairgrounds which is in New Ulm also, but havent been there for 2 or 3 years. A guy I was detecting with from Albert Lea found an 1886 Indianhead cent in the Washington Park. This was about 4 years ago. I found a 40's wheatie there. It's a full city block in size as I recall. I've had good luck around the football field at the public high school also.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Owatonna has many nice old parks. Back in the '70s, I detected the 1800s Dartts Park (N side of town) & the 1877 Mineral Springs park NE of the other big park. They have many smaller old parks including 1865 Central Park & newer big parks. Fairgrounds S side is relatively new but could have silver, old fairgrounds in center of town long ago built on.

New Ulm has been heavily detected for years but I think most of the many parks there were set aside for park use in the 1850s or shortly afterwards & the fairgrounds is right in town, many old schoolyards, etc. HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread