Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Marcia, not too good here around St Cloud. The finding of clad is normal, and after a street tear-up (5 silvers) 5 weeks ago, I've found little. This last weekend I drove to Madison, Wisc for the Antique Roadshow being filmed there and then I went on to the Chicagoland area to visit a daughter. I went to a park in Plainfield, ILL, and in an area of 4 ft x 4 ft I found 13 quarters + other clad coinage ($4+). Oh well, I'll just add this total to this year's findings and then at the end of the season, use it to buy a few nice coins.

I'm planning on visiting a son in Montana soon and he just found out about a possible battle between some miners and some Indians in 1863. There are 2 accounts of this 'battle', but neither account is proven to be true so far. He only lives about 3 miles from the 'battle' area that is in the mountains. I hope to find out.

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
938 coins so far this year, about 700 in Minnesota. 4 silver coins & 4 wheaties in Minn. One silver ring and a couple of tokens. Silver quarters from 1934(Fairgrounds-Bird Island, MN) and 1964(Morton, MN city park). Silver 1927-S Walking Liberty quarter found on a farm near Renville. Silver Roosie dime from baseball field at Meire Grove, MN. Silver ring from beach on Lake Minnewaska at Glenwood. Rotary International token found at small park near RR tracks in Kandiyohi, MN.

Attachments

• 2009Silver 001.jpg
    2009Silver 001.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 2009Silver 001.jpg
    2009Silver 001.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 2009Finds 001.jpg
    2009Finds 001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 1934QTRFair09.jpg
    1934QTRFair09.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 367
OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dfxdude--sounds like you have been doing good! Been able to get out a few times anyway!

Goose-O--I went to the Antiques Roadshow a few yrs. ago when they were in St. Paul. I got asked to be on TV, but the piece they wanted to show was my moms so I let her go on instead. She knew more about the piece anyway. It ended up being worth about $1500--It was a small trunk from Norway with original paint from the 1700's.

Good luck on your ventures! Hope to get out myself soon. It is supposed to be a high of 59 today so it might be a good day for hunting!

Marcia

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
The Antique Roadshow is quite neat....except for the waits in lines (4 hrs). I brought 2 items.....a small gold pocket watch that my grandfather gave my grandmother...engraved: "George to Lue - Xmas 1899". I got the watch in the estate sale, yes, I had to bid on it from the estate of my grandparents. I then had the watch engraved: "Cy to Nancy - Xmas 1989" So 90 years to the day I gave it to my wife. Value = "Insure it for $2000"....meaning the value was closer to $1400.

The other item was a large Swiss made (1934) 18"Lx9"Dx10"H cherry wood nickelodeon....really no big deal....value around $600.
We (daughter & I) stayed at the Sheraton and we went into the hotel bar (what else ?). Sure enough there were the Keno brothers, Mark Walberg, and most of the R S appraisers. We heard a loud scream from a woman appraiser at the bar (Joyce Jonas -Jewelry). Later we found out that she ordered a wine of some sort. The price was $17 for her GLASS of wine. She didn't know it would be so expensive. She paid, drank the wine, and left.
We weren't picked for filming, but we had a blast!!

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe her glass of wine was an antique :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions