Could I get some hunting partners?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Here's the problem: I have over 20 health problems & there is a 0% chance I could get up at 5am-9am. My back gets pretty sore after 2-3 hours detecting as I have scoliosis. But maybe with someone pulling me more into hobby, good finds & taking pain pills, I might be able to detect somewhat longer. I am in (W) Apple Valley. I do have lots of research on public & private places near & far, though detecting some without permission might result in arrest.

Rosemount just put buildings on the 1800s village fairgrounds, and Farmington was pushing the dirt around this year on most of what was left of their 1800s fairgrounds. 3 1800s parks in Carver need detecting. Prior Lake has 2 parks over 75 years old, neither near downtown. The current Dakota co fairgrounds dates to 1918 & has more acres than state fairgrounds.

I know where Farmington had tourist camping in 1930s & where Hastings had tourist camping in 1920s. I know where Hastings had fairgrounds in 1800s. A ghost town within Rosemount has twin triangles along RR tracks. A ghost town in Cottage Grove had 400 people in 1880. Had a park, & school. I have thousands of pages of research on places I'll probably never go.

Let me know what you think. HH, George (MN)

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
George, I'm willing.....maybe next spring. I just got back from Chiland (Chicago - 480 miles) after 6 days of trying to clean out my folks home which is to be sold. I was raised there many snows ago. The house is 80 yrs old and I have yet to detect it, although I was cleaning for 6 days and had my detector with me.

The Minn goose & duck season opens this coming Saturday, so I'll be hunting the next 12 weekends on Saturdays & Sundays. I'll keep you in mind for the spring. Goose-O

sven925

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
George I wish I could help but I am way up here in Moorhead and in about as bad a shape as you.
When we get tired we could lean against each other and keep going. har..... Keep up the faith.

iansmom

Greenie
Apr 17, 2010
George I'm in Burnsville!!!! I have only lived in MN for a few years so I am not familiar at all with places to hunt. I've tried a few sand pits and beaches and found a few things here and there. I'm so excited to maybe have a hunting partner that has done some research and would like to go. Let me know if you're still interested. I'm going out today for the first time this year. Wish me luck:) Of course for safety purposes I ALWAYS tell someone where I'm going and who I'm with. I also check in by phone quite often (you can't be to careful) so if you're not a creeper (sorry but I have to ask) and are serious about going and maybe finding treasure please respond!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread