Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be moving to Inver Grove Heights at the end of May. I am new to metal detecting and new to the area. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to go on the South part of the twin cities. I will check out the regular parks, and stuff, just lookin for some new input. Also if anyone need some company feel free to shoot me a PM :) thanks guys

Trevor

Hunt On!

Scribe

Feb 18, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Trevor,

Sorry that you didn't get a reply earlier. It seems that the MN'tans of T-Net have been quiet lately. I just got back from an overseas tour not too long ago so I'm playing catchup and trying to get back into the swing of things again.
Anyways, you're in a decent area for detecting if I remember correctly. I did have some info on Ramsey and Dakota counties, but I haven't looked at it in awhile so I'm not sure how relevant or helpful it would be.
On the flip side there is the Gopher State Treasure Hunters. I'm not a member, (but I am considering it). I do check out their posts and they seem like a pretty good group. I believe that you may find them to be more help than me.
So welcome to Minnesota and I hope to see you out and about some time.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply. I was considering going them, but decided to go with Research and Recovery Experts of MN. www.rareofmn.info I've contacted them a few times and decided they were a better fit. Hope to see you around soon.

_TrevoR_

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Welcome Trevor, I do some reseach but don't get around to better places because I don't drive. Have detected since 1976 & used dozens of detectors. My dad & I used to detect most towns within a couple hundred miles back in late '70s to early '80s & found some older coins. Hope to find people to detect with. I do some research. I'm 10mi SSW of MOA. Best wishes, George (MN)

MNace250

Apr 2, 2011
usaftrevor87 said:
Thanks for the reply. I was considering going them, but decided to go with Research and Recovery Experts of MN. www.rareofmn.info I've contacted them a few times and decided they were a better fit. Hope to see you around soon.

_TrevoR_

Hi Trevor,

Was wondering if there is an updated link for the RARE of MN group? That link doesn't seem to be active anymore.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MNace250 said:
usaftrevor87 said:

_TrevoR_

Hi Trevor,

Was wondering if there is an updated link for the RARE of MN group? That link doesn't seem to be active anymore.

I'm not a member but I found you a link: http://www.losttreasure.com/content/rare-research-recovery-experts-minnesota-chapter

naturalexplorer

Greenie
Feb 7, 2012
Saint Paul, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to check out the area where the Mississippi and St. Croix meet. That's not very far from IGH. I used to fish there and found an arrowhead one day, not metal. But I've read many stories, many times, of a long history with alot of human traffic in that specific area.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always wanted to check out the area where the Mississippi and St. Croix meet. That's not very far from IGH. I used to fish there and found an arrowhead one day, not metal. But I've read many stories, many times, of a long history with alot of human traffic in that specific area.

After a long absence I'm back :-) haven't got a detector yet, but looking at the AT Pro. perfect for checking out the river. Maybe we can get together this summer when I get a detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread