Sep 1, 2014
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Preston SE MN.

Found my second silver with a detector today. Same yard as my first silver. 1st was a 1960 dime, today was a 1928 Merc. My first find here in Preston was made by accident. Our city is doing major street work this summer including our street(was last remaining brick st. in Preston) I salvaged(stole) some bricks to border our sidewalk out front. Even though we rent we work hard to improve our home(Apt.) Land lord says no prob as long as it improves the property value. Anyways.... I needed some topsoil to get grade back up on sidewalk. I took some from around the side of house in the flowers. A couple weeks later I notice a penny in the dirt tails up...I can see its a wheaty I turn to go back into house but the thought"It's a Wheaty! better grab it." Pick it up and after brushing some dirt off the face notice it isn't a wheaty and have never had one before. It was a 1891 indian head penny. Detected mostly clad but have found 1941 Austrialan penny 1913 pfennig 1910 wheaty 2 silver dimes 1960 and a 1928 Merc.

Talked to one of the members (unknown to me at that time) here as he detected on my street.... a month later, after I bought a detector and joined this site I sent a PM to a SE MN member asking for some newbie help or advice. Turns out it was the guy detecting my street months earlier. We met and talked and I got to watch his technique. I AM getting a Garrit Pro Pointer ASAP. Am using a BH Lone Star. Today I rednecked wireless head phones for it...got tired of knealing on wire.

Sam16

Greenie
Aug 15, 2013
Fargo, ND
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Sam, I am from Fargo, ND but I do most of my hunting in MN (Snorkeling and Detecting). I am just starting out with the hobby and I really haven't found much to talk about yet...

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Retired guy, east metro area. I started this spring with a Garret Ace 300, and quickly graduated to an XP Deus. Over the summer, I rarely missed a day. Unfortunately, research season is fast approaching.

I primarily hunt for old coins. Of course, in that process, artifacts show up as well, and in hindsight, many of those mean more to me than the coins I've dug.

The Viking

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2015
Minneapolis, Mn.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I am new to posting on this site. Signed up like a year ago but never posted or commented on anything.
I live in South Minneapolis, almost as far south as you can possibly go. I have not had a lot of time this year to get out with the machine besides not always like digging in the dirt by myself. Still a little time left this year before the ground is frozen though.
If anyone is in the South Minneapolis area ever I suggest trying out Bossen Field off of 62 and 28th Avenue. The city is working on the park and the field is pretty much all tore up now. I have only seen one person there with a detector once so I am not sure how hard it has been hit. It is a pretty big area to go over though.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Go for it! I'm in my 26th yr of detecting and 95% of my detecting is where old streets are torn up in old neighborhoods. Now and then an old park is torn up and I'm there.

harryset

Nov 5, 2016
Up North Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My name is Harry, brand new to the forum, and my very first Metal Detector arrives on Monday.
I'm up in the Bemidji Area, and looking for others around the area.

MNcoinshooter

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2016
Central MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from St Cloud. I started metal detecting this spring and found it is rather addictive :icon_thumright:
My favorite find so far is a 1910 Barber Dime.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I live in the St Cloud area.....we should get together next spring. (Good find! The Barber coins are my favorite coin to find.)

MNcoinshooter

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2016
Central MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goose-O, that sounds like a good plan. Yes, I wish I could find a magic spot for more. I really like finding them :)

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is an old news paper clipping.
I haven't went to Lanesboro, Mn yet to see if my Minlab S D C 2300 would find any gold nuggets but maybe next year i will get there. Gold in Lanesboro,mn. 001.jpg SDC 2300 002.JPG

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Living in Robbinsdale, haven't detected in Mn much but have taken trips to silver and copper mines to detect the tailings etc. Heading west for gold next year. Have a new F75 that is working great for me so I'm interested in doing more local sleuthing. Happy to drive or tag along, or meet up somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread