Meet other MN Hunters

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt, what kind of detector are you swinging? When you are ready to get out of your yard, hit the local public parks, playgrounds, and RV Parks. And schools football, baseball or soccer fields(after hours or on weekends). Winter's a coming, so make hay in October.

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
DfxDude- I'm swinging a sweet Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. I'm starting to get a feel for the beeps - I know when I'm about to dig up a nail, but I do anyways just to make sure :) I'm a bit confused as to the hunting in city parks. That's where a lot of people say they go, but I called the City Of Duluth, and they said i can hunt all i want, but i'm not allowed to dig. Obviously that probably varies from city to city. County land is fair game though, according to the land manager at the county office. I think i'll get bored of my yard soon....county land watch out!

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
morn'n, ;D

I'm Neil from Faribault MN, I've been metal detecting for about 10 years, off and on, and I'm still look'n for the "big one" lol. As of late I've become more serious and go out more and more. I just found this forum and it was like finding a gold mine, I would really like to hook up with others, the heart is there, but the knowledge is still a little slow. I have an AWSOME pull tab collection!

neil

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum Neil!

I'm only about 60 Southeast of you. I have done a lot of detecting around Faribault. I am currently working on locating a picnic area near Waseca that was used in the late 1800's to the early 1900's. Your log cabin site sounds intresting.

DigDugDoggie

Nov 17, 2006
Howdy! I'm Nick, originally from the Brainerd area, but I have been away with the Navy now for the better part of the last 6 years, and right now I am in Japan! I got hooked on MD'ing when I was going to school for the navy in Virginia. On our first trip out, we found some civil war lead, and a couple of small uniform items, and my personal favorite, a penny from the late 1800's - a indianhead i guess is what it is called. no idea where it is now, but just those few times out one summer about four years ago is all it took. i am excited to buy a metal detector myself and check out a bunch of sites in Minnesota that i think will be really good, hopefully this summer. well anyway, i wanted to post something to say hi and introduce myself a bit. to everyone in Minnesota - KEEP WARM!! :)

MPFISH

May 2, 2006
minnesota
Hi all my name is mike been dectecting for two years biggest finds were two gold rings one returned the other my wife took, live in rochester hunt with a friend that lives two doors away i use a MXT.posted 12/4/06

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
wow, we got a lot of people checking in, that's great!

Sandsted, We had blabbed before....I grew up in Fergus but the only thing I remember of Rothsay was
:) That's where people go to play softball :)

I thought Dowsing could be considered treasure hunting?

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
No longer do we have softball. And dowsing can be used for treasure hunting...at least that's what I've heard, yet this is not the purpose of my dowsing.

medelman

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2005
White Bear Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Hi guys and gals.

It's good to see there are other TH'ers that live in this state, so I thought I'd post. I have posted in other forums before, but I'm Matthew Edelman and currently live in White Bear Lake, MN. I am originally from the southeastern Wisconsin area, but moved here about a year and a half ago after meeting my then girlfriend, now fiancee online :). When I moved, I decided that If I was going to quit my job of 8+ years, I wanted to go to college, so I am doing that full time in pursuit of an electrical engineering degree. I have a minelab explorer II detector, but have honestly not gotten a ton of use out of it since I bought it about 2 years ago. More then anything it's probably because I get frustrated with it easily, but I have come to understand that it has a big learning curve. Locally I understand that White Bear Lake used to be a very popular local weekend destination during the summer for residents of the twin cities. From that I understand there used to be an amusement park on white bear lake, which is less then a few miles from where I now live! Unfortnately, I don't have alot of information on it, and don't really know where to start!

Matt

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Forum Matt,
There is a MD club in the Twin Cities area. I think they meet somewhere in Ham Lake. That's not far from you. I don't do too much detecting in the Mpls. area but I know some of the folks in the club. They find a lot of nice stuff.

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett - Ace 350, Bounty Hunter - Quick Silver
Hi all. I live just west of Waconia. I just got my first detector in the mail a few days ago. Not the best but hey I'm just starting. It's a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver. I'm also going to be testing out a Teknetics Mark I. Great forum!

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Too cool, thanks for stopping in and letting us know your around.
I hope you make some great finds!

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
To be truthful isn't there more like 15,000 lakes? I read this once and can't remember where, but I believe the total is actually more around that...the license plates just can't count.

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
Noooo! It's,

"Minnesota...Land of 10,000 lakes, 65,000 swamps and 8 fish!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>:(

(It's ok...I'm a local...)

ANYWAY...Welcome!
neil

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Well a friend of mine went ice fishing for just a short time and caught like 6 or 7!

We only have 2 or 1 fish/s left!!! :o

Scribe

Feb 18, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I know that no one has posted here in a couple of months, but I wanted to sign in anyways. My name is Lance and I live in Buffalo MN.
I've only been MDing for about a year, but I've been interested since the 80's.
My big finds so far has been some misc clad, two fishing lures (spoons), and a mickey mouse earring (I found the last more amusing then discouraging).
Anyways I wanted to say hello to the other TH'ers in the northland.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread