Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I'm always here! It may be freezing here but I never quit wearing shorts all winter :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha lol well yeah I know there is a select few of us it seems like people sign up post 3 posts and disapear.:laughing9:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha lol well yeah I know there is a select few of us it seems like people sign up post 3 posts and disapear.:laughing9:

Everyone must be at GSTH I guess

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7::laughing9:hahahaha yeah like that will happen.....:laughing9:

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hibernating up until the day it reached like 39 degrees. Then i figured it was time to start checkin Tnet again :-)

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha yup I guess there is just a few of us

Stumpy Johnson

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro 350
Garrett Infinium LS
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Matt & Witt, their is always someone alive and looking for information in Minnesota.
But from the posts that I have seen today around the various groups, some should be LIMITED to three posts.
I just "officially" joined the site today so I'm sage about threads don't you know.

I bought a Garrett Pro 350 last year, and found 5 pennies (three in my yard). I'm having a problem feeling comfortable going out with it where there are people around though. ??? Self conscience? More like I'd get harassed by the local gendarme.

Now my wife decided that we should go to Florida in late March, down in Bonita Springs. I doubted that it would work well in salt water and I am afraid that sure as hell I'd drop it in the water. So, I bought a Garrett Infinium LS. Whew! It'll pay for itself, right? Right?!
Ah! A fool and his money are soon parted.

NOW I read that the Florida legislature wants to make it illegal to MD anywhere that you MIGHT find anything of value!! What the h---?

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Matt & Witt, their is always someone alive and looking for information in Minnesota.
But from the posts that I have seen today around the various groups, some should be LIMITED to three posts.
I just "officially" joined the site today so I'm sage about threads don't you know.

I bought a Garrett Pro 350 last year, and found 5 pennies (three in my yard). I'm having a problem feeling comfortable going out with it where there are people around though. ??? Self conscience? More like I'd get harassed by the local gendarme.

Now my wife decided that we should go to Florida in late March, down in Bonita Springs. I doubted that it would work well in salt water and I am afraid that sure as hell I'd drop it in the water. So, I bought a Garrett Infinium LS. Whew! It'll pay for itself, right? Right?!
Ah! A fool and his money are soon parted.

NOW I read that the Florida legislature wants to make it illegal to MD anywhere that you MIGHT find anything of value!! What the h---?

I usually detect in the morning on the weekend when its cool and not many people up and about but I have detected in the early evening but people always bug me. I once drove up to coon lake in east bethel early in the morning to detect the beach got there it was drizzling and there was a couple already there detecting so the early bird gets the worm....

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Sorry for the later reply....I was 'down under' for 3 weeks. I detect in the St Cloud area and in the last 20 yrs, I've only seen 7 detectorers (Detestorists are female). I sort of feel that I have the whole place to myself. People don't bother me when I detect. Many times when it's around the upper 80's or more, I detect only from around 6 PM to 9 PM. In mid summer, the sun sets as late as 9:10 PM here. (The time of my post says 9:37 pm....it's actually 3:37 pm)

Last edited:
OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By down under I assume you mean australia...did you find any huge rippers(large gold nuggets)

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I didn't bring my tector nor had time to detect, but did have time to buy a bunch of old Australian and New Zealand coins. Also at one place (an old gold minning town), I held a gold bar worth $100,000. I would have run with it but it was 88 degrees outside and I sweat too easily.

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't bring my tector nor had time to detect, but did have time to buy a bunch of old Australian and New Zealand coins. Also at one place (an old gold minning town), I held a gold bar worth $100,000. I would have run with it but it was 88 degrees outside and I sweat too easily.

Haha thats cool nothing like holding a little gold

Guns Blazing

Jan 23, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm buying a metal detector in the next week and i would love for someone to show me the ropes on MD'ing. Im down in shakopee

Mikey66

Greenie
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new, just signed up and have yet to get a detector. Is someone up for letting me use an old one of theirs and show me the ropes? Thanks Mike

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Mike, where do you live? I have a few and possibly could let you use one of them if you live within 30 miles or so. I live near St Cloud.

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Faribault County, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still here in Southern Minnesota! I was out for about ten minutes the other day! I have actually been keeping one patch of lawn open and it thawed for a little while the other day and I found twelve cents with my new ATP! Haha. I am counting the days until we can get out once again. Every time we get some warmer weather down here we get socked in with snow and ice! So much for an early Spring! It is good to hear that there is some other people from Minnesota who are not just hibernating on the couch! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread