Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LastScan.jpg

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Jeff, yes, it's Minnesota. That county is on the Wisconsin border right below Duluth (at the SW corner of Lk Superior).

Angyst

Nov 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose is correct I live about 30 minutes from there in superior wi just a drive over a bridge from duluth

naturalexplorer

Greenie
Feb 7, 2012
Saint Paul, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neck of the woods for sure, I'm surprised the former town of Chengwatana or the trading post town aren't there, must be somewhat newer. Either way, another cool Pine County map for me.

naturalexplorer

Greenie
Feb 7, 2012
Saint Paul, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am guessing that those two lines represent former popular RR track routes, but from looking at the legend and present maps, it seems this map was made to address the towns that were or were not affected by the highway system. Just a hypothesis.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea this may be the Crossing at Hinkley

Untitled44.jpg

Untitledww.jpg

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha im on my way i got some areas across the border in wisconsin too

Karuza82

Sep 1, 2014
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow looking at the map brings back lots of memories of riding snowmobile on those trails. We would make a loop starting in Cambridge and work our way north through Brook Park and up to Finlayson. Then work our way west to McGregor, have some cocktails at Pier 65 then onto Aitkin and Garrison, down to Princeton then to the Mystic inn by Green and Spec lakes, take the Rum River back to Cambridge. That would be one of the harder runs....lots of miles. No novices on that ride, but damn fun. I used to grouse hunt just west of Brook Park. On 9/11 I was working in Finlayson. I also used to own some land just east of Mille Lacs Lake between the lake and Hwy 65.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread