jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minnesota has passed legislation that would regulate bullion coin dealers.

But it has coin dealers and coin club officials scratching their heads over just what it means and how to comply.

Text of the legislation was posted on the Northwest Coin Club website at www.northwestcoinclub.com.

Implementation of the bill will have the effect of licensing bullion coin dealers in the state.Bullion coin dealers will be subjected to registration as of July 1, 2014, with the state commissioner of commerce at a fee of $25 for a bullion coin dealer and $10 for his representatives.

New Bullion Law in Minnesota

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I read most of the law and it appears that dealers AND private sellers don't have to register if selling at coin shows. Anyhow, how is this 'law' going to be enforced?

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minnesota the state where nothing is allow!!!!!!

cwwj123

Feb 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Proof that people should be investing in precious metals. Why regulate something that is suppose to be part of antiquity? When I talk about the importance of PMs to my friends they look at me like I'm crazy. "If the dollar collapses who would want silver coins?" The answer, "Anyone who knows the benefits of silver." The reality is that putting all your eggs in one basket is absurd.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread