Outing December 17th, 2013! Lets find some color!

cwwj123

Feb 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, I did some research on the Minnesota river valley and it appears that the River warren deposited some glacial till near St. Paul. Now I believe I've tracked down an area of interest. I've already done some recon on the River valley near the Hiawatha falls area, near the Mississippi. The black sands are plentiful but the gold is not. Now what I propose is checking out St. Paul's side of the River valley for some fluvial deposits from the River Warren! The St. Paul side of the valley is a steep, loose gravel mix of what I'm hoping is Glacial till. From the recon it seems the cliffs are formed in steps providing nice shelving that holds hopefully glacial till and Gold. I'm going to head there with my pan and classifiers on my next day off, Tuesday December 17th. It should be around 30 degrees and cloudy. And snow isn't nearly as bad to work in as rain. Otherwise, if anyone is interested in going out on Tuesday but would rather check out known sources of Gold I would be down for that, too. Near or around Minneapolis! PM or reply here so we can set a time to meet up and where.

Thanks guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread