Which machines, What targets, and Where. The official MN detecting Dictionary.

Nugz

Mar 15, 2015
Bloomington, MN
Detector(s) used
Still trying to figure out which one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all, I'm new. I've been searching for a forum in which Minnesotans have a detectible (haha) presence and I've finally found it! Yay!

There isn't one single best metal detector. 'Best' depends on what your detecting, where your detecting, how often your detecting, and how much disposable cash you've got. I've been searching online forums trying to find ANY data on:

Which machines are capable of detecting what material in what area of Minnesota.

There's a guy from Alaska who runs a forum and he publishes tons of data on which machines work best in certain areas of Alaska. I know there aren't as many detectorists in MN as there are out west, and so we might not have as much data to begin with, but I say we start trying to compile the aforementioned data here and now.

The aforementioned data will be of great utility to anyone considering purchasing a metal detector for use in Minnesota and for anyone trying to decide which one of their previously purchased machines they should bring with them to a particular area in Minnesota.

Presumably, such a data set would consist of testimonials that include the following data points:
  1. Regional location.
  2. Type of detector used, (VLF, PI, etc.)
  3. Target material.
  4. Successes.
  5. Obstacles.
  6. Ground mineralization.

I hope this idea finds the members of this forum well. I would love to kick off the dictionary with an entry of my own, but I don't even own a metal detector. I am brand new. I need at least a couple data points in order to determine what detector to buy.

I think, if enough data is collected, we might find a general consensus on the top 5 gold detectors, top 5 coin & relic detectors, and top 5 all-around detectors per regional area in Minnesota.

Thanks for reading!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions