The Greaser Files

joeyo

Jan 22, 2015
minneapolis
Detector(s) used
E-trac baby!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm jonesing for silver. Got no time to dig holes....... But when I do, I'm gonna dig a 30 foot hole. Hey, I saw a post on a guy that dug a trench at the beach two feet deep by four feet, found three Indians. Anyone ever try that? We hit some super old beaches in the city. I know **** is down there. Thoughts?

OP
OP
T

toadspaghetti

Dec 19, 2014
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to start hitting the swimming beaches... old & new. That's where the gold is going to be.

OP
OP
T

toadspaghetti

Dec 19, 2014
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me, the Grease, and Hambone hit a couple yards in Sandstone yesterday. No silvers, but a few deep quarters that got the blood pumping. Greaser won the coin tally, I won the old find with a 1950 wheat, (one of nine pennies in a spill), and Hamshank prooved his ability to snipe cool tootsie toy hot rods.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good time. Silvers would have been nice but it was still great to get out.

Hamhead

Apr 23, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett GTA 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The water calls to me as well. I'm guessing Grindstone is a little too chilly right now though...

OP
OP
T

toadspaghetti

Dec 19, 2014
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost forgot.... We have permission to hunt Camp Miller.... Prior to becoming a youth camp in 1913 it was a logging camp in the late 1800s. Does that sound tempting?

joeyo

Jan 22, 2015
minneapolis
Detector(s) used
E-trac baby!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rain, rain..... I saw some additional construction in park today, gonna find seated

Hamhead

Apr 23, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett GTA 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This rain is killing me. Went to the ball field, took one step on and walked right back to the truck. :BangHead:

joeyo

Jan 22, 2015
minneapolis
Detector(s) used
E-trac baby!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna sneak in a couple hours today. Anything good will have a picture....

OP
OP
T

toadspaghetti

Dec 19, 2014
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New experiences are always interesting.... especially when someone is off their meds. One of the yards I had permission to hunt in Finn town was going well. Talked to the owner, It turns out I knew his dad and he knew mine quite well, he was out in the yard working on an old tractor. He told me to have fun. I got about 1/4 of the yard done.... some clad, junk and a 1920 wheat. When over the headphones I here a ladys voice. I looked up and it was the owners wife in the window. She was asking what I was doing. I told her I was metal detecting looking for relics and old coins. She asked why I was in her yard. I explained I talked with her husband and he told me to go ahead. That didn't seem to be good enough and she gave me the boot. I apologized and left. As I was leaving I told her husband and her brother-in-law (who just recently arrived) that she kicked me out of the yard. The brother-in-law said, "Yeah, she gets that way. I think she hasn't been taking her medication." So I went over to the brother-in-laws yard across the street and swung the stick there for a while. Found a little more clad and a mowed wheatie.

Moral of the story.... sometimes even permission isn't enough.... OR.... always have a Pink Floyd CD and the bottom of a bag of weed to give away to menopausal ladies.

Hamhead

Apr 23, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett GTA 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had about 10 extra minutes in Moose Lake to try my homegrown beach scoop. It works but there's a heck of a lot of room for improvement. On the way out of town I saw on old hippie lookin guy swingin a coil with his two elderly groupies in tow. Looks like Toad isn't the only one door knocking up there.

OP
OP
T

toadspaghetti

Dec 19, 2014
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had about 10 extra minutes in Moose Lake to try my homegrown beach scoop. It works but there's a heck of a lot of room for improvement. On the way out of town I saw on old hippie lookin guy swingin a coil with his two elderly groupies in tow. Looks like Toad isn't the only one door knocking up there.

That was Jeff Lower.... Not to old.... I talked to him yesterday at the gun show. He's had a metal detector for a while just doesn't use it much, unlike freaks like me who need to go every day.

UPDATE: I went out for a couple hours with Dirty Dave Matten. We scanned a couple yards. Clad and a couple wheats in the first yard. Across he street was a place I've been wanting to check for a while. After 45 minutes of wading through the dog turds I went to a small patch of grass where the dog doesn't go.... DING! Popped out silvers #19 & #20. 1946 & 1957 rosies. :)

joeyo

Jan 22, 2015
minneapolis
Detector(s) used
E-trac baby!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing but clad, clad, clad. Got a nice 12-46 for etrac fans 7 inches, small piece of copper. Way to much work for no silver. Need to find a new honey hole.

joeyo

Jan 22, 2015
minneapolis
Detector(s) used
E-trac baby!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission at a 1800,s house in Hastings.... Not even a wheatie.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the Barnum city park yesterday for a few minutes Clad and one Wheatie but hey at least I was swinging.

Oh and an alien head. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread